I'm finally home!!!

bubble273
on 8/31/08 10:25 am - Levittown, PA
Well, you know with me that nothing ever goes smoothly.  And of course this operation did not go smoothly and I'm really starting to despise doctors.  They really think they know everything and they don't know ****

I would up in surgery on Wednesday for over 6 hours.  They got all of the stones out, but the surgeon decided to place what's called a g-tube anyway "just in case" there are more.  She said she could not see all the way to my duodenum and that's why she decided to place the g-tube.  The purpose of the g-tube is that the GI doctor can just do an outpatient procedure with a scope now put through the g-tube to see if there are any more stones.

And remember I said everything would be out of me, i.e., stones, biliary tube?  Well, now I have three things coming out of me.  One of the lovely JP drains that we all had after our surgery and which I had unbearable, excruciating pain with when they were taking it out.  Then let's see, oh, that's right, the biliary tube that I was longer going to have is replaced with a new one, and the g-tube.  I look like a walking hole punched paper with alien arms.  It's really ridiculous.

Oh, and the best part is I came home late yesterday after pleading with the nurse all day to find out what was going on, because they told me I was going home.  But remember I was supposed to go home Thursday!!!  Yeah, right.  I understand me staying because of the implantation of the g-tube.  But now every day that I stay is longer away from my family and oh, yeah, the $150 a-day copay that I have to pay for staying overnight at the hospital.  I already owe them $750 from the last time.

So now I have to go back on the 9th so they can take out the JP drain.  And then schedule when the GI doctor is going to do his procedure to hopefully, hopefully end this just unendless pain in my arse part of my life.  I mean, I feel like admitting myself to the loney bin.  I just can't take it anymore.  I am just beside myself with all that has gone on in the past 10, 11 months.  I'm happy in one sense because of the gastric bypass, but unhappy because I have horrible genetics when it comes to gallstones and I have just been dumped on so much with it.

Oh, and did I tell you that I am in EXCRUCIATING, EXCRUCIATING PAIN!!!!  Last night was so horrible, Garry was going to take me back to the hospital.  Plus I felt like I was burning up and thought I had a temperature.  It was over 100, but is back to normal today.  I look back and I probably should have stayed another night, but I just couldn't take it any more.  I am around the clock every four hours with the percocet.  And if I'm not I really cannot move because of all the pain and also a lot of gas pain.  It's just so overwhelming.  I really just can't wait for this to be over with.

Well, thanks for listening.  And when I feel more up to it, I will read more of everyone's posts and try to catch up.

Karen

kimmiep621
on 8/31/08 11:34 am
hugs karen,  things have been so rough for you,  try to keep your chin up,  things have to go up from here.

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Pam Hart
on 8/31/08 12:21 pm - Easton, PA
Karen,

What an ordeal!  I'm so sorry you had a rough time of it all - and I know how ridiculous this must be for you right now.  Top it off with all the pain and I would be beside myself too.

However, you will get through this and let's hope for this to be a very distant memory very very soon.

We'll be thinking of you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 8/31/08 2:08 pm - Perry, MI
I am so sorry you are experiencing so much pain.  I really hope that the pain starts to diminish, and that you are able to get rid of the extra plumbing supplies real soon. 

Hugs and prayers,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 8/31/08 10:18 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear that you had to go through this, hope the healing process gets better for you!

Hugs, and positive healing thoughts going out to you, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

oobiebus
on 9/1/08 1:12 am - pottstown, PA
Sweety,I am so sorry you r having to deal with all this pain!  I know alot have said it will be ok and deep in your heart you know you know you have to overcome this hurdle,but i promise ,it will be better soon,dont push yourself and relax away the pain,Hope you r up and about soon,Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views