OT Interview clothing**NOW WITH PICS**

Pam Hart
on 8/31/08 3:53 am, edited 9/1/08 12:10 am - Easton, PA
You would think this would be fun....but this time it's not.

I have a pair of black pants that fit me.

Trying to find a top that was decent in the "younger" area without looking like I was headed to a club was ridiculous.  The other tops made me look like I was dressing up in grandma's clothing.

I can't spend a whole lotta money....although some business suits I found were nice - but not worth the money for wearing once or twice.

I bought a solid button down 3/4 length dark red shirt to wear with my pants and a pair of dress shoes that I already have.

To other interviews (years ago) I got a little bit more dressed up.

I like the way the outfit looks - but it's not your typical "power outfit" if you know what I mean.  Do you think this will be ok for the interview at LVH on Friday morning?

I'm pretty annoyed

**Update**  I went shopping and picked up a different pair of pants and a different shirt.  The pics are awful - as in blurry and what not - but it gives you an idea....

photophotophoto

Here's the link if these pics aren't showing up
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=194957576470_22 1213070211&mode=fromsite&collid=53413966211.214703070211.122 0277721375&conn_speed=1

So....which one do I wear???
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
joldaker
on 8/31/08 4:12 am - West Bradford, PA
can you put the outfit on and post a pic of it? It sounds fine for the interview but we will be able to give you our honest opinion if we can see it.

Jen

p.s. Knock em dead at your interview
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Pam Hart
on 8/31/08 6:19 am - Easton, PA
Good idea Jen....I will do that tomorrow....I'm also going out again tomorrow so if I find anything else I'll put those up, too, and we can have an online voting forum!  sometimes I feel so inept....like picking out clothes should cause this much trouble!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 8/31/08 10:10 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Pam,

I think the outfit sounds fine.  The only thing I would maybe add would be a blazer.  Try the thrift shops before you go anywhere else.  If you can't find anything, I think your outfit would be just perfect.  Red spells confidence.  So I think with a bold color like that it makes a statement without a jacket.  You can never go wrong with a pair of black dress pants and dress shoes also.

Good luck!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/08 12:42 am
First off good luck on the interview as for outfit vote...Red shirt with the black pants.
Pam Hart
on 9/2/08 11:49 am - Easton, PA
Look at your new avatar - nifty!!

Pam
kat19136
on 9/1/08 12:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
O.k. I vote for the red top/black pants.  But they all look good to me!  Where is your interview?  Good luck, I am sure you will knock em dead!!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

Pam Hart
on 9/1/08 1:14 am - Easton, PA
Lehigh Valley Hospital.  If I get a job, hubby and I will be relocating from jersey to pa which is something we've always said we wanted to do.  Thanks

Pam
oobiebus
on 9/1/08 1:04 am - pottstown, PA
Hey Pam,My vote is red/black outfit!  You look amazing girlfriend!Best of luck to you on the job! Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

dit657
on 9/1/08 6:44 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Pam - you look great in both but for interviewing I would stick with the 3/4 sleeve red top - the other one does look a little 'clubby' and not quite as professional for interviewing. Of course this is just my humble opinion... 

Do you have any good/high-end thrift shops by you? You might be able to find something business like there for a few bucks - especially since you only really need it for interviewing. When I was looking for dress-up clothes for my grandkids back in the spring I went to a couple of them (and consignment shops) and was amazed at the quality of clothing available - definitely worth checking out.

Hey, wish you all the best on these interviews - seems like hospitals are always looking for good nurses and you definitely qualify there!! Best of luck to you - keep us posted.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views