Insurance Change Question

DianeMarie
on 8/30/08 6:23 pm - Delmont, PA

Most of you know that this past Wednesday my husband was permanently laid off and is losing his insurance as of tomorrow.  My HR manager at work is doing the paperwork now for my job to pick up the insurance.  I have all my tests completed and I have a class on the 15th of September and I see my NUT the day after.  My last class is October 6th and they will start to get insurance approval right after that.  I was hoping to have my surgery by the end of October or the beginning of November.  My new insurance coverage will still be Blue Cross / Blue Shield and its a good coverage. 

My question is this.  Will the new policy accept what I've been doing for the past 6 months and allow the surgery once I'm covered or do I have to restart the process so I have the classes done while I'm insured by the new policy?

I'm dreading going through all this over again.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 8/30/08 9:21 pm, edited 8/30/08 10:39 pm - Easton, PA
It depends on which policy BC BS you had and will have.  I would call them Tuesday morning and ask what their requirements are for WLS under your new policy. 

Considering it is the same company, I certainly do hope that you will have no other hoops to jump through, I can totally empathize with you regarding not wanting to start this all over again!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 8/30/08 9:21 pm - Easton, PA
sbrunell
on 8/31/08 3:38 am - Bensalem, PA
I would ask your HR manager to call. My friend was the HR person at his company, and part of his job was resolving these type of issues.  I would ask them to make a call and find out...you don't have your id yet, so it would be even harder for you to try.

Cry them a river, and they'll do it.. But since it's the same company, the requirements should be the same, provided the new policy will pay for WLS- not all will
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Lesley G.
on 8/31/08 3:06 pm - Allegan, MI
Diane,

You never know -- I have Blue Cross, and I wasn't required to do a six month diet, so maybe your new plan won't require it either!  I hope everything works out for you -- I am sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers to you.  Please keep us posted!

Lesley
Patricia R.
on 9/1/08 6:48 am - Perry, MI
Diane,
While I don't know the answer to your question, I can sure send you hugs and love while you wait to find out.  You have been a trooper working your diet to get the approval.  You are an example to me for fortitude and steadfastness.  I sure hope you do not have to start all over again.  You are as ready as anyone for the surgery to take place.

Call them Tuesday and get the answers you need.

Love and hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 9/1/08 5:53 pm - Delmont, PA

Thanks for the responses and support!  I hopefully will get some answers today.  I go in early and work til 1PM.  I emailed my HR manager my home number and cell number and told her to call me if she gets the answers after I leave work today.  Also told her about the fax machine I have so we can move things quickly along with signing papers and faxing them back.

Thanks for the hugs & love.  I really needed it.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views