1 week post op

izzyboo
on 8/29/08 7:21 am - PA
had my surgery last thursday here in pittsburgh with dr courcoulas.  i was on a liquid diet for a week beforehand and now am a week in on clear liquids post op.  turned out i had a hernia so she repaired that too.  i feel like she fixed the hernia and didnt do the bypass though because i dont feel full.  all the liquids dont fill me up like i thought they would.  i can already see a small difference in the way my face looks.  no more little double chin anymore.  shocks me though that that could change so fast.  have my follow up next thursday so we will see what i have lost.  cant wait to progress to the next stage.  i need some sort of food!!!!
Patricia R.
on 8/29/08 1:16 pm - Perry, MI
Welcome to the Losers' Bench. 

I had trouble feeling full on liquids.  Don't worry, it will happen.  Just keep sipping, resting, breathing and walking. 

The first place I lost was my face too.  It sure made me feel good to see the difference.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 8/29/08 6:41 pm - Lancaster, PA
you wont actually feel full for awhile the nerves were cut and so your stomach isnt really healed enough to regroup and send signals that is why it is important to measure and stick to guidlines right now
Pam Hart
on 8/29/08 10:26 pm - Easton, PA
Welcome to the bench!

I didn't feel full, and I didn't feel hungry.  I did get nauscious at times if I ate things to quickly as I advanced through the stages.  I had to learn when to stop eating - some times was well before even my measured amounts were up.

Keep following your doctors orders - the head hunger can be unbelievable at times when you really want a certain food - but you'll be alright!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views