No More Fear of Flying!!

dit657
on 8/29/08 12:58 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi everybody!! Yesterday I flew to Seattle for a long weekend visit with my daughter and her family and I can honestly say I have no fear of flying anymore.

I've never been afraid to fly - my fear was always (a) would I have to squeeze thru the aisles bumping into people (b) how much was I going to overflow into the next person's seat and (c) how embarrassed am I going to be asking for a seatbelt extender.

Well, I'm here to tell you that (a) I breezed thru the aisles of the airplanes without TOUCHING the seats or passengers! (b) I sat right into the seats without squeezing or having to put the arm rest up and I didn't encroach into the other person's space, and (c) BEST OF ALL I DID NOT NEED A SEAT BELT EXTENDER ON EITHER FLIGHT AND HAD ROOM WITH THE BEST!!!

Sometimes it feels like I haven't changed all that much, but then things like that happen and I know I'm a totally different person - physically and mentally. And then when my family saw me it was the biggest wow moment of all - they love the new me and can't get over  how different I look. I know its helped my confidence level as well.

So for all of you just starting your journey or having discouraging moments remember that this tool is a blessing and it will work and it does work and nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
DebiMcK23
on 8/29/08 1:04 am - Aston, PA
Kathy, your post brought tears to my eyes.  I am so proud of you, the steps you have taken, and how you have grown as you shrink!
Love
Debi

303/197/153

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/08 1:47 am
Kathy

I am so happy for you that is an awesome WOW moment! Fly Fly Fly!

Enjoy your trip!
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/29/08 2:05 am - PA
Kathy - What a wonderful WOW moment! I'm so happy for you!! No more fears creeping into your thoughts, now you can truly enjoy every aspect of your trip. Have a great time :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Pam Hart
on 8/29/08 3:38 am - Easton, PA
Kathy,

Way to go girl!! What a way to start off your awesome weekend with your family!!  Such a great big WOW moment, thanks so much for bringing a smile to our faces due to the HUGE one that was on your face!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 8/29/08 3:40 am
What a great post.  I often wonder if I will fit now also, but think I am still too big.  I know how  great that made you felt.  I felt that way when I finally fit in a booth.  My daughter recently said "Boy, last year we always had to wait until a table became available, now we're waiting for booths!"  I so happy you had a pleasant journey.  Enjoy your time with your family.  Be sure to update us when you get back.
Eileen

Nicole0216
on 8/29/08 6:44 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good for you. I hate flying for other reasons but not having to worry about fitting, extenstions, etc certainly makes it a little easier, Good for you, I am glad you got this confirmation that you are changing and that things are looking good.
Ready4 AChange
on 8/29/08 10:17 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
What a major WOW moment for you ! Hope you had a fun time with the family. Hope you took some pictures .
We are leaving for our cruise around 4 so I won't be around for a week. My Sister in law will be here for the dog and cats and my daughters will stop in every now and then to make sure things are ok.

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

deebatt
on 8/29/08 11:27 pm - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
Kathy,
Thanks so much for your post....it hit home for me.  In May I took a flight and 1 was about 1 inch from needing a seatbelt extender and had to put the armrest up to fit.  That was one of my major WOW moments to get me started on this weight loss journey.  I am so happy for you, what an inspiration!!  THanks and congrats!  

Denise
~ Denise 

GD_007
on 8/30/08 10:19 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Awesome and I can totally relate!  Can't wait to experience the same thing!

-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views