stopped losing??

Shan08
on 8/29/08 3:52 am - the Skook, PA
I'm pretty upset.
Have weighed the same for almost a week. 
Is this even possible at this time?

I've finally been coming close to my protein goal of 65g...
liquid intake may be suffering.
And I' only eating off the stage 2b diet food list... which isn't very varied!

W T F????

Wow, I sure hope this is normal.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
jdruski
on 8/29/08 4:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shannon, 

Stalls are very possible at any time.  I lost 100 lbs in the first 6 weeks and then didn't lose a lb for close to 2 months.  It has been so long I forgot about it.  You will start again.  Measure yourself, you are probably losing inches. 

This is also the time that all kinds of depressions set in, did I do the right thing, my operation didn't work, etc.  All of that is normal and everybody on this board will tell you that.

Just try and relax, the weight will start coming off again. 

Jeanne
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/08 6:04 am - gloucester county, NJ
lol... be patient...I've been in more stalls than I can count.. I'll go 2-3 weeks with no weight loss.. but I'm losing inches.. so no complaining from me..  Your still early out.. trust me the weight will come off :-)
Pam Hart
on 8/29/08 6:04 am - Easton, PA
Take a breath, step away from the scale, and keep doing what you are doing.

The most NORMAL time for a stall is 2-6 weeks out.  It's about this time that your body figures out that it is "starving" (metabolically speaking) and then holds onto all it's reserves in case it doesn't get what it is used to soon.

This will probably be the first of many stalls - all of which are frustrating.  You can stall for a week or even 6 weeks.

Make sure you are taking measurements on a MONTHLY basis.  This will help show the true picture.  Many times, you are dropping inches like no more tomorrow when the scale doesnt move.  That's because muscle is denser than fat - so an area that is now being replaced with muscle as fat is being lost, will weigh a bit more but takes up less space.  I personally measure:  Neck, boobs, under boobs, left bicep, right bicep, waist, hips, both thighs, both calves.  Hind site 20/20 I would have also measured my forearms and my wrists.

Keep following the program.  Get your fluids in, aim for your protein, make sure you are exercising (according to your doctor and no more than what your doctor reccommends for your time out of surgery - but by 2 weeks you should probably be allowed at least a few walks a day).

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Danielle B.
on 8/29/08 6:07 am - Hamburg, NJ
Shannon,
We have the same surgery date and I am having the same troubles.   I lost 16 lbs in the first 10 days and now 8 days later I'm only down 2 more.  I'm on a stage after you though, soft foods...so I'm eating most things now as long as they're soft enough....

But it makes me crazy.  I am only eating 3 meals a day with 4ozs each and a protein shake in the afternoon....I am exercising every day and I only lost 2 lbs in the last 8 days!!!!  UGH MAKES ME NUTS.

But I too have learned from my fellow OH'ers that everyone will lose at a different pace and that most ppl experienced the 2-3 week stall and then lost mega pounds over the next 6 weeks or so....so I'm gonna be patient....

Nice to meet a surgery buddy!!!!!

-Danielle
Nicole0216
on 8/29/08 6:39 pm - Lancaster, PA
I stalled at 3 weeks out. I think your body is just so overwhelmed it has to regroup. dont fret you are ok.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views