What a great feeling...

GD_007
on 8/28/08 1:21 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hello PA board,

Just wanted to share a quick story from tonight with all of you.

I went over to a friends place in Villanova to pick up/purchase his weight bench, a decline bench, the bars and a few plate weights.  This is a good buddy but I had not yet told him or his wife that I had GBP surgery.  I was psyc'ed up to tell them tonight.  Anyways, it happens that the family (buddy + wife and 3 kids) were all outside playing around when I pulled up.  As I got out of my SUV and was walking towards them the look on their face was like.... .... the FIRST thing out of their mouths was "Greg, you look great!  You've really lost some weight".

I almost cried.  Of course, I've been hearing it from my wife and I've notice that I'm down several notches on my belts (plus the weight scale, of course)...but it doesn't really hit home till an old buddy says something truly from the heart and spontaneous.  The look on their faces was near priceless as well.

My response was "Thank you very much.  Yes, I have lost weight and I do have some news to share with you because I'm most likely going to lose even more in the next year or so and I don't want you to be worried that something might be wrong".  I then proceeded to tell them I had the surgery on 7/28 and that I was keeping this rather personal information/decision to myself and only sharing it with a handful of close friends and family.

Anyways - it felt really good and I couldn't wait to come home and tell my wife plus share with all of you.

Night,
-GD
J. M.
on 8/28/08 1:23 pm
That's a great story Greg!!!! Congrats!

When are you graduated from puree???

~ Jen   

GD_007
on 8/28/08 1:56 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Jen.  I "walk" on Monday .

Truth be told, I'm not having any issues (psycological or other wise) with puree.  I'm actually enjoying it.  In fact, my wife has used a few of my creations as sauce.  And one dish I made, she actually ate it pre-puree and enjoyed it.

This whole GBP experience is not only making me healthier but a better cook   or maybe my wife is just enjoying the fact that I am actually cooking .....hummm

Night,
-GD

kimmiep621
on 8/28/08 4:00 pm
that is great,  your doing great job, keep it up

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Pam Hart
on 8/28/08 4:33 pm - Easton, PA
That's a great story greg!!  Glad you had such a significant WOW moment - try to remember this moment for days when you feel like things aren't going the way you had planned!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/08 5:55 pm
Greg that is totally awesome...Didn't you just beam from ear to ear? I love hearing WOW moments.  You are doing excellent!
dit657
on 8/29/08 12:47 am - Boothwyn, PA
That's an awesome wow moment - you're doing GREAT!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/29/08 2:28 am - PA
Congrats Greg! Great WOW moment! You are doing terrific! You will have many more WOW moments coming your way :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
jojobear98
on 8/29/08 2:43 am - Gettysburg, PA
Just wait till you run into people and they have no idea who you are! I am years out, and still occasionally run into peeple I haven't seen in years. I go to say HI and they have no idea who I am. It's flattering.

Enjoy all these moments. It makes a person feel good and the better you feel the more apt you are to keep up the hard work!
jdruski
on 8/29/08 3:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Greg,

This a wonderful WOW momement.  May it be the first of many more to come.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views