A Question...

SPatel4
on 8/28/08 6:56 am - Levittown, PA
Okay I am now only losing 5 pounds a month instead of 10 a month I am 7 month out. I just saw an informercial about P90X exercise program it looks hard but I want to try it I have been doing the Elliptical every single day and I see results but the machine is getting easier for me and I am at the maximum level!! Anyway wanted to throw this question out there has anybody else tried this program. I understand that this is not an easy program from a co-worker who has there DVD's but the main selling point for this program was that the P90X program confuses your muscles so its never the same exercise everyday?? Anybody either tried this?? or know anybody who has achieved a maximum results with this?? Just wondering if I should invest $120 in these DVD's as other stuff I have purchased in the past just ends up somewhere at the bottom of the closet.

Shilpa
Pam Hart
on 8/28/08 11:55 am - Easton, PA
Shilpa,

You know I actually sat there watching that exact same infomercial the other day and went "hmmm...." it looks not only tough...it looks GREULING

Now as far as the "muscle" confusion goes....that goes a long with varying your exercise routine.  Now I'm not sure if the elliptical you use is in your house or at a gym.  If it's at your house, varying the routine can be instead of doing that every day - go for a brisk walk or start some easy running training (couch-5k is a good program, you can google it)  Also on the same lines of the elliptical - vary your speed and your resistance.  So for a few minutes go faster at a lower resistance and then slower at a higher resistance.  You can also pedal backwards. 

Have you started weight training?  This will also help vary your routine.

I believe besides the DVDs you will also need to invest it getting yourself a pull up bar and free weights....so that will add to your expense.

Good luck!  You are doing ok.  Oh - if you are eating the same things basically every day also try changing your menu up (for instance if protein of choice is dairy and cheeses....cut way back on that and go to chicken or beef....if you normally have the same type of veggies, change that up too)  Track your calories and change that up too (while staying in your fat/protein guidelines)  That also confuses your body and helps too.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
SPatel4
on 8/28/08 10:42 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks Pam I will try that. I own the Elliptical so I can try different things. I am so fursterated that I eat right and exercise daily and still my weight loss has dropped off. I did switch up my foods but was looking for ways to change up my exercise routine. I am walking 5 miles in addition to using the Elliptical everyday. The nutritionalist at Barix said that I might not be eating enough calories as I am burning more calories than taking in?? I started with my food journel again so I will be counting those pesky calories again. Thanks for all your help and feedback.
dit657
on 8/29/08 12:46 am - Boothwyn, PA
I sat next to a personal trainer on the plane yesterday and he was talking about that program - said he's now using it with his customers and loves it. He also told me he changes up his customer's work-out routines every 3-5 weeks - he said changing up like that will keep your muscles guessing and really aid in weight loss and toning. He also sid the P90X is very difficult, but very good.

Good luck with it - I know I couldn't handle it yet but will be using some of his advic with my own work-outs.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views