UPDATE FOR HUGE SETBACK

DianeMarie
on 8/28/08 4:52 am - Delmont, PA
OK I figured an update was in order.  First I wanna thank EACH & EVERYONE of you for how fast you responded and the caring you showed.

In a nutshell... I worked overnight last night..It was a blur of stress & worry.  I thought about what everyone said.  I thought about what I wanted.  I want & need this surgery!  I am doing well with the weightloss on my own but I know I need the surgery as a long term tool.  I can lose weight on my own but I know it can come back on with a gusto (been there, done that).

I called my HR manager at work today and told her the situation.  She said I do qualify to get my insurance picked up now.  She had me fax the paper saying he lost his job and when he'll lose his insurance.  So the insurance is in the works.

If my husband does not get a job soon we can lose the house.  We were in financial distress before and filed for chapter 13 bankrupsy.  The terms of it are that we make our payments every week or they can start foreclosure without warning us.  We have been paying on this over 2 1/2 years and we were finally on the downside of the payments.  I have 2 1/2 years left.  With that being said I told my husband and my son that just graduated that they must apply for a night position where I work because they are hiring.  They can work together until they find other employment.  My husband also contacted a temp workforce he used to work for and they told him to come down and update his info.  They may have an electrician job starting as soon as tomorrow afternoon at 3:30pm.  He can work nights at my store and they work any jobs the temp service finds for him during the day.  I am going to look into a 2nd job since I now have a set schedule with the manager position.

Next problem.  I drive an old car.  We just paid 600 bucks to fix it and it still wasnt fixed.  Just a little while ago my husband called to let me know that while he was driving to update his info the car broke down.  We now know the cause of the problem.  It was a pully he fixed before and it only costs $30.  I was relieved to find out why my car was having problems and how cheap of a fix it is and its something we can do ourselves.    I called to get the part and its out of stock.  They are contacting the manufactuer now to see if they can overnight it to me.  If they can it will cost me a total of $65.  Much better than the $600 I just put into it.

One of my employee's lives near me and she's offered to pick me up and take me home tomorrow.  I am off Saturday.  Now all I have to do is sit and wait to hear about the part and make plans to get my car towed home and someone pick up my husband.... WHEW.. When it rains it POURS in my world.. LOL

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Liz R.
on 8/28/08 4:58 am - Easton, PA
Diane sweetie sounds like there is a lot on your plate right now  but that you have the right attitude and are moving in the right direction. Please just becarful not to stretch yourself too thin. I know that you job is very physical and a 2nd job might put too much of a strain on you.

Has your husband ever thought of looking into the electricians union? We employe union electricians where I am here and they do pretty damn good salary wise and the security is there.

Best of luck and I hope things work out well!

*hugs*

Liz
DianeMarie
on 8/28/08 5:06 am - Delmont, PA
Hi Liz!

My husband never looks into anything.  It's aways me doing the pushing.  I guess I can look into the electrician's union FOR him.  Snort!

Diane

Liz R.
on 8/28/08 5:10 am - Easton, PA
I have one of them too... Us girls have to stick together!
http://www.ibew.org/index.asp

The info on how to join in right on the front page.

Good luck, let me know if you need a local contact and I'll see what i can dig up!

Liz
Patricia R.
on 8/28/08 5:07 am - Perry, MI
Hi Sweetie,
I understand that feeling of being overwhelmed..  Sometimes life just throws all sorts of crap our way, and how we handle it makes us better and stronger.  Your attitude will get you through the worst of it, as long as you keep smiling. 

Keep plugging away, and trusting God.  He will never leave you, nor forsake you.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jojobear98
on 8/28/08 6:03 am - Gettysburg, PA
God never gives us more than we can handle.

So you are strong enough to get through all of this! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
cleos_mom
on 8/28/08 6:44 am - phila., PA
Well it is so good to see you have it all together.  I know you will suceed and there is light at the end of the tunnell
Good Luck Susan
Nicole0216
on 8/28/08 6:51 am - Lancaster, PA
I am sorry that things have unraveled a bit, but look at you!!  Making plans and solving problems. You all can get through this. I am so glad that you did not give in and give up. You need and deserve this surgery. They can work and do what they can to get you all through until you come up with some longer term solutions. Sometimes we need a good shake up to get the blood flowing. I know bad analogy. But you just showed your strength, you got back on your feet and utilized the support available to you. 
DianeMarie
on 8/28/08 7:01 am - Delmont, PA
Thanks again guys.  You are all so special!  Latest news is they are getting the part tomorrow without me paying express for it.  I guess by the tone of my voice that they knew I really needed it NOW.  They called around till they located one and are having it sent in.  My hubby made arrangements to leave the car where it is.  He feels we can avoid the tow because its an easy repair.  Once the part is in he'll have someone take him to pick it up and then he and my son will go to where the car is and fix it and drive it home.  I have a ride to and from work tomorrow.  I still feel stressed but I'm doing better.  I have a gutt feeling that everything will be fine and my gutt is always right.  I just need to relax and let things fall into place.

Diane

Pam Hart
on 8/28/08 11:50 am - Easton, PA
Diane,

You certainly do have a lot going on.  And from somewhere who has been in situations that are similar - I know how emotionally taxing that can be.  I will be thinking and praying for your family and you during this time.

On the bright side, it seems you have done well controlling everything and getting things in order.

You will be ok.....and everything will fall into place.  Scream and cry when you need to, though....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views