** THURSDAY ROLL CALL **

Liz R.
on 8/27/08 8:57 pm - Easton, PA
"Morning everyone!

I am here at work as usual. Another busy day as after today I have a 4 day weekend!

Today I am working, then off to my MOm's to help with whatever she needs, also an old friend of hers is coming to visit and wanted to see me as well. Then home to cook and pack for the weekend.

Tomorrow has me getting up early for my HIDA scan, then home to pack up my stuff to go to my Grandmother's for the weekend. I also found a home for my poor little kitten who has feline leukemia so I will be dropping him off on my way upstate. I'll be at my Grandmother's until sunday then headed home to spend some time with hubby. Monday I think that I'll do housework and gardening - definately relaxing!

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend - remember to stay hydrated and make good food choices!

Make it a great day

Liz
Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 9:35 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Liz,
I am up earlier than my body would like.  Today has me cleaning and organizing my apartment in the morning, then heading to my 2 year post-op appointment with Dr. Marymor at Barix.  After my appointment, I am heading for my allergy shot, then to my school to drop off stuff in my classroom.  I have a ton of stuff to drop off.

After that, I must come home and do more organizing and cleaning in my apartment.  Somewhere in there, exercise is on the agenda, either a walk or swim.

Have a great weekend at your grandmother's.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

LABELSANDLOVE
on 8/27/08 9:54 pm - EXPORT, PA
Hi Everyone,

I am here at work. It seems like the Fall is here already and I have no complaints. Fall is my favorite season. Time to break out the fuzzy sweaters!

I have to call my surgeon's office today. I left a message for the nurse on Monday and Tuesday and haven't received a call back. It sucks when your surgeon is great but his staff is lacking.

Have a great day today!

Karen
dit657
on 8/27/08 9:50 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - I'm getting ready to get ready to leave for Seattle - I can't wait to see my daughter and grands - as Trish knows its so hard being so far away, and with airfares and the cost of checking bags now I don't know when they'll get back east again - I see many trips to Seattle in my future.

So congrats to all you newbies out there - and wishing everyong the best...will check back in when I can.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 8/27/08 9:51 pm - Easton, PA
Kathy - have a safe and fun trip! Enjoy the time with the family1

Liz
jojobear98
on 8/27/08 10:06 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good morning all. Today is a gloomy day and has me feeling bummed. So I will have to try and kick myself out of it! LOL

Today is work till 4:30, then off to pick up the kiddos. We are going to my sisters for dinner tonight. I haven't seen her in weeks and feel terrible about it. So me and the kids are going to go hang with her and her kids this evening. Then it's home to get the kids showered and ready for bed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Pam Hart
on 8/27/08 10:29 pm - Easton, PA
Hey all! 

Well it's not even september yet and I am freezing with the weather - what on earth will I do when it actually gets COLD???  hubby can't help but laugh at me. When I go to bed during the day, especially with how brisk it has been in the mornings - I go to bed in long pants, a sweatshirt, sleep with the comforter (down) and a big ol afghan my mom crocheted me.  When I sleep at night w/ the hubby, I can get down to ditching the sweatshirt and only the comforter.....

Anyway - on to today.  I spent 45 minutes OT at an absolutely POINTLESS meeting at work.  There was a power point presentation with the presentation printed out for us.  All the speaker did was read VERBATUM what was on our sheets.  And it was on our new "risk" bands - they are color coded - purple for DNR, yellow for latex allergy, red for medication allergy....you get the point...and what they stand for is printed ON the band already ("allergy" "latex" "DNR") etc.  It was a 45 min presentation on how to use them.  *Light bulb* "oh....so when the patient has an allergy to latex, you put the band that says "latex" on them.....I would have never figured that one out with the help of this class.  Well - they are the ones paying me OT for sitting there - so I guess that's good for me, stupid for them.

Now I'm doing some dinner prep for hubby for tonight and I will be crashing early.  I had trouble taking my nap yesterday - kept waking up.  Speaking of which - for the past week - I have been having horrible nightmares.  They are all different with the same theme - I am being mamed or killed or hurt in some horrendous fashion.....I can see the whole thing....once I was in a pool with my head being bashed in....once was a family member (who I have no real life problems with) stabbing me....one was me in a war being shot at by bullets.....what the heck is that about?  Any dream interpreters out there?

So that's my day - hoping to sleep through without waking up terrified I'm dead.

Enjoy the weather - nice and sunny here (although like I said....cold in the mornings!)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bcutekitty
on 8/27/08 10:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Liz & PA
iam off from work today have a appointment with the PS at 1:30 and cant wait to see what he has to say going to see Dr.William Scarlett in Langhorne,other then that just a lazy day some cleaning and chilling
Have a great Thursday
(will post when i get back)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views