X post combating water weight...how do you do it??

FlourPower
on 8/28/08 1:04 am - PA
I know that as women we have that wonderful water weight issue.  Unfortunately mine is all of the time.  On any given day I can be up and around doing my thing and the tops of my feet will jiggle like jell-o. 

Before WLS I was on water pills.  My Dr. told me he wanted me to take them to help me with my blood pressure as the BP meds were not enough by themselves.  I didn't have issues with the Jell-O feet then.  But since I've been off my water pills over the past six months and especially in the summer months (even though we have air condition in the house) I have the Jello-O feet again.

Is there something other then taking a water pill for this??  I do drink my water faithfully everyday.  Some days I even get in more then 64oz. 

My Dr. (assistant in the office to my surgeon) does not want me to take my water pills again.  I understand his point of view and I won't take them without permission.  My BAP is wonderful and I don't need those melds anymore. 

I exercise and take my vitamins...so I don't think that's an issue.

It's not unusual for me to have 5-7 pounds of water weight....I think that's an awful lot of water...LIL!!

So, how do you combat the water weight??????? 

TIA,

Chrissy

[

Pam Hart
on 8/28/08 2:08 am - Easton, PA
Chrissy,

Eventually you may need to go on a low dose of the water pill if this continues to be an ongoing problem.

That being said - the more water your drink the better it is as long as you have no conditions which could cause a problem (such as water in the lungs, chf, heart failure, etc)  Also, adding lemon seems to help some people.

A friend of mine who is very much into hollistic healing once told me there is a list of foods, natural, that you can eat that will help with that.  The only two I can remember off the top of head is watermelon and asparagus.  I'm not sure how much of it you would have to eat and I'm sure if you do a search for "natural water weight reducing foods" you could probably pull up a whole list.

Good luck - and they do say "every diet needs a little wiggle room" per the jell-o commercial!!  hee hee!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/28/08 3:21 am
Pay attention to your daily sodium intake and watch out for spicy foods.  Apparently spicy food can trigger water retention.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views