Two Year Surgiversary

Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 2:25 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
Two years ago today, I went to Barix clinic weighing 305 pounds.  After a rather bothersome wait in the lobby, thirsty and tired from low blood sugar, I was taken back to pre-op, and given the Barix treatment of care, and a well needed IV.  My family was invited back to meet Dr. Marymor, and I was then wisked into OR, to become a LOSER.  My journey started out great, but in the past nine months, I hit some snags.  I am now working my way back and hoping to make my goal weight in the next six months. 

To celebrate my surgiversary, I am scheduled to meet with Dr. Marymor this morning for my two year post-op appointment. 

I am most grateful to the PA board, the Christianity board and the Mental Health board, where I have great supportive friends who encourage and love me just the way I am. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 8/27/08 5:47 pm - Easton, PA
Trish,

You have definately had your fair share of difficulties in the past 9 mos - but you have continued to persevere and have done well getting yourself back on track thus far.

I'm sure your appointment will go well today, and many more years of successing will be sure to follow.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 9:30 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Pam.  I am looking forward to where I will be on my 3 and 4 year surgiversaries.  The best is yet to come.
Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 8/27/08 9:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish and Happy Two Year Surgiversary to you!

You've come a long way and you continue to strive for the life you seek. You have always made progress despite the challenges life has placed before you. You have been a grand source of support and inspiration in our WLS community and I thank you for that. You have consistently posted the morning roll call (started by our old friend Tom Tyler) and we all thank you for that. All the best with your appt. today and all the days that follow. This is your better life, snags and all.
Congratulations on another milestone,

Dennis
Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 9:31 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Dennis,
I appreciate all the support from friends like you and Pam, and all the other great PA board friends I have.  I look forward to many more years of successing.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

jojobear98
on 8/28/08 12:44 am - Gettysburg, PA
Woo Hoo! Congrats to you. It's funny how we remember the surgery date like out children's birthdays...........

But when I ask patient when the've had past surgies they never know!
Patricia R.
on 8/28/08 5:15 am - Perry, MI
I know what you mean.  I had hernia surgery in December, but do not remember the exact date, just a Monday in December.  But, I will never forget my surgiversary date, because it was a life changing event in my case, probably in most of our cases.

Funny thing is, I now have to think about my kids' birthdays.  Turning 50 does things to the memory.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hugs,
trish
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 8/28/08 12:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish!

Congratulations on your 2 year surgiversary!  Hope to meet you in person one of these days, but it is always good to see the Roll Call.  I'm sure you will be able to achieve what you set yourself to in the future.  I also hope that your SIL makes a full recovery.

Prayers and positive thoughts going your way, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 8/28/08 5:13 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Laureen,
I just got home from my two year post-op visit with Dr. Marymor.  He gave me a good pep talk, and suggested I come back in three months for a check on my B12, and some extra support.  What a relief.  I then went upstairs and saw Keri and Jackie, and my favorite respiratory therapist and Michele the nursing assistant who took care of me both times I was in.  Brought back memories, and energized me for the next phase of my journey.

I intend to be at September's post-op meeting.  I need to do everything in my power to make the changes happen.

Huggles,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 8/28/08 12:29 pm - Easton, PA
Trish,

Glad to hear your appointment went well and Dr. Marymour is continuing to be there with extra support (as we expect nothing less from barix of course!!)

I am planning on making the sept meeting as well, so I will hope to see you.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views