Two Things...

jackie j
on 8/27/08 5:44 am - Glenmoore, PA
Why is a decaf latte more calories, fat, protein, sodium and potassium than a regular caffeinated latte?   Coffee lattes had become a vice since 6 mos. out of surgery; first 1 cup, now up to 3cups a day (and, of course, the weight loss stalled) so in my quest to get back on the straight and narrow I give myself only 8oz regular a day for the last week and have switched the rest to decaf.....what a ***** for 2 days!...now I've noticed a lightening of my moods BUT I'm bloated as all get out, pants barely button and I have put on 4lbs!!  so I printed out the nutrients from Fitday and I find there is MORE STUFF in decaf than in regular....I don't get it....what do they do to DE-caffeinate this stuff??   Anybody know??

Secondly, in case you haven't been on Fitday recently, it's been revamped a bit and a few things added so you might want to check it out at www.fitday.com 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Pam Hart
on 8/27/08 5:59 am - Easton, PA
Hmmm....I will definately have to check that out as I was unaware of that.  I'll check out the DD website to see if their decaf is like that as well......hmmmm.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 8/27/08 6:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
hmmm, interesting. . .  see I don't put lattee in, as I'm not sure their lattee includes the fact that I'm using skim milk, so instead I opt for 8 ounces of skim milk and the decaf I've always counted as water. . .  now I am wondering, during the week I don't have it too often, but on the weekends I generally have 1 a day, sometimes 1 reg and 1 decaf. . .  I figured since Starbucks says their skinny lattee is 80 cal., that is the milk that adds the calories. . .  will have to look into this further. . .  also read in a post somewhere in the last week that now supposedly they are saying that skim milk has more sugars and such then regular milk. . .  Thanks Jackie and yeah, Fitday has added so much now that you don't have to custom everything. . . 

Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 8/27/08 6:22 am - Boothwyn, PA
Skim milk does have more sugars than regular milk - remember that old rule of thumb - if they take the fat out they put sugar in, and vice-versa, because something has to give the item flavor.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/27/08 6:26 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I thought that rule of thumb applied to baked goods and the like, not milk that is skimmed and pasturized. . .  oh well, learn something new everyday if you keep your eyes, ears and mind open. . .  thanks for that info, thankfully I'm not a skim milk fan and only use it in lattee. . .  but sadly, now I have to give that up too and I always had them as a treat. . . :(

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 8/27/08 6:43 am - Lancaster, PA
Good luck with that, I applaud you for trying this out.

I am assuming it has more stuff in it, the same reason that SF stuff has more fat and FF stuff has more sugar....THEY WANT TO SCREW WITH US!!!!   IT IS A CONSPIRACY!
Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 12:04 pm - Perry, MI
I guess this makes me grateful that I drink all of my coffees black with no sweetener.  Zero calories, fat, or sugars. 

Truth be told, I would probably become addicted to the lattees and frapuccinos and all that stuff if allowed.  Black coffee is my vice.  No sweetener.  Straight from the pot.

Sorry I am no help.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jackie j
on 8/28/08 2:02 am - Glenmoore, PA
Trish, you are always a help.  Actually, let me ask you this?   Doesn't straight coffee bother you??  I would have sharp pain at the sternum immediately after drinking straight coffee not to mention be running for the potty within 20 mins.   That's why I do lattes; it's diluted with skim milk which I guess coats the tummy and helps in the calcium dept, tastes more like choco milk but the espresso gives me the energy kick.   You haven't had any probs??   Maybe I've got an ulcer.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views