I'm home!

Lesley G.
on 8/27/08 9:08 am - Allegan, MI
Hi all!

I got discharged from Barix today at 1:00 pm.  I was a little worried because this morning I had some bad post-nasal drip and it was making me incredible nauseated.  Fortunately, Debbie the nurse was on (she is also a post-op) and she had had the same problem and told me how I can handle it with some peppermint tea.  Dr. Pupkova was concerned and told me I needed to get rid of the nausea before I could go.  Several cups of peppermint tea later, I was feeling much better and got the green light to go home!

I've already taken a few walks, done my breathing exercises, and sip sip sipped.  I have to say -- it is much easier to take walks without my  IV pole!

Just wanted to let you all know I'm okay.  I have some visitors coming over to help later but I'll be back on the boards later, I'm sure.

Lesley
Nicole0216
on 8/27/08 9:11 am - Lancaster, PA

welcome home. rest, sip and puff. Blessings to you.

Lesley G.
on 8/27/08 11:56 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks. I don't mind the resting or sipping or walking, but the puffing is not my favorite. I'll keep it up though -- gotta keep those lungs clear!
Lesley G.
on 8/27/08 9:17 am - Allegan, MI
P.S. I also wanted to thank all my fabulous visitors from the PA Board!  Big thanks to Kim, Stefanie, Greg and baby Juliette, Lyn, Beth, Linda, and Susan!  Your visits really brightened my day and I feel so lucky to have the support of such a fabulous community!
GD_007
on 8/28/08 6:12 am - Drexel Hill, PA
It was our pleasure!!
-GD + baby Juliette
ktreavis
on 8/27/08 10:10 am - PA
Lesley  -

I am so sorry I was unable to make it to see you. I was at the hospital with my hubby until 10 last night and then had to go back in the middle of the night. I hope you understand and I am sure I will be seeing you soon. Have a great night. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Lesley G.
on 8/27/08 11:53 am - Allegan, MI
Katie, That's okay!  I hope your husband is doing better.  Sounds like you've been very busy.  Talk to you soon, take care.
Lesley
Kimberly M.
on 8/27/08 10:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
oh wow... congrats and welcome to the losers' bench (do we still say that?)
I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.
Excellence I can reach for;
Perfection is God's business.

Lesley G.
on 8/27/08 11:58 am - Allegan, MI
Yup, it's the loser's bench still -- everyone slide over and let me on!
Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 11:53 am - Perry, MI
Hi Lesley,
I am glad you are home and sipping and walking.  I am so sorry I was unable to get up to Barix to see you.  I got called to work unexpectedly on Monday and Tuesday, and was unable to get to Barix afterward. 

Keep up the great work.  You are doing fine.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views