***Wednesday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 8/26/08 3:17 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
Well, I fell asleep on the couch in front of the Phillies game.  You know I must have been exhausted, because I don't miss a game for anything, and what a game it was.  Go Phillies.

Wednesday has me blitzing my apartment.  I intended to clean on Monday and Tuesday, but was called to work those days.  In the afternoon, I am going to Center City for a lawyer's appointment.  Wednesday night I am heading to Livengrin Rehab to help do an AA meeting for the female patients.

Have a great day.

Huggles,\
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bubble273
on 8/26/08 6:43 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Wednesday morning everyone.

Today has me going to Jefferson University Hospital for the removal of my gallstones and biliary tube.  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  I can't wait to get this phase of my life over with.  It has been a pain in the arse, to say the least!!  If everything goes as planned, please pray, I will be home sometime Thursday.

So that's it for me!!!  I'll be all drugged up later...so at least I have that to look forward to :)  Just kidding.

Have a great hump day!!

Karen

Jackie Smith
on 8/26/08 7:49 pm - Coatesville, PA
Good Morning,
I am off to the hospital to meet Keri on the losers bench!!!  I am Dr. Boe's second surgery of the day.  It's still not totally real to me.  I should be freaking out but I am not. 
I will have my hubby post an update this evening. 
Thanks for all your support and information.  I think I have everything I will need and I think I am as prepared as I could possibly be!!!  This board is truley amazing.
Jackie
Laureen S.
on 8/27/08 12:47 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jackie,

Wishing you the best as you join us on the Loser's Bench!

Prayers and positive healing thoughts going out for you and all the others who have or are joining us this week!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 8/26/08 8:33 pm - Easton, PA
Jackie and Karen best of luck today! Sending some positive vibes out your ways!

I am at work today then off to get my B12 shot and to my Mom's to do whatever she needs. Then home to start prepping some of the food I am taking away with me this weekend to my Grandmother's. All in all another exhausting day!

I am HOPING to have an answer from Dr Boe today about my film comparison (it has only been 2 weeks after all......)

Make it a great day!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 8/26/08 9:19 pm - Easton, PA
Hey trish!!  I never napped yesterday during the day - just got invovled with a lot of stuff - then made dinner for hubby - and then well - I was sleeping on the couch right a long with you!  I got up long enough to get into my pajamas and go to bed.

So - I am up fairly early for me on a day off (6:30) and am just puttsing around.  I'll be cooking later and not really sure what else - then it will be a late evening nap for me and back to work for Wed, Thurs, Fri.

Thinking of all those who have surgery (non WLS and WLS related!) today!  You will all do fine!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/26/08 9:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everybody - this is my last day of work before my mini-vacation to Seattle to see my daughter and her family and I can't wait!! I'm not thrilled about flying that far but I'll manage - I think some time to myself will be a good thing. I have a book to read on the plane, plenty of protein bars to throw in my carry-on, and lots of new SMALLER size clothing to take along!

My family hasn't seen me since April, and my son-in-law hasn't seen me in 2 years so I'm looking forward to their reactions to their new mom/grandmom! We don't have a lot of plans while I'm out there - obviously some back to school shopping - my middle grandchild is a born shopper and can't wait for me to get there.

My daughter manages a Planet Beach Spa center so she's taking me there one day to treat me to some of their services - sounds nice. Otherwise we'll just spend time together - the weather isn't looking too hot out there right now, but I'm not going for the weather - just hoping I don't freeze!!

So this will probably be my last morning roll call post until next week when I return - I'll try to jump on from time to time to check on the recent surgery patients and all but that'll be about it.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great holiday weekend - be safe!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jojobear98
on 8/26/08 10:15 pm - Gettysburg, PA

Good morning all! Today had me rushing to work at the last minute. It's the first day of school and the bus was running late. But I got here just in time!

I don't have anything interesting going on today. Once I get home and make dinner, it will be sitting at the table filling out papers upon papers for the kids for school. It's never ending and each kid needs thier own set of papers even though the info is all the same. LOL

I wish everyone best of luck today with WLS and other procedures. And hope it's a great day for everyone!

tanya72100
on 8/26/08 10:58 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Well.. I must say one thing.. Work is way over rated!! I have so much to do at home. I feel like i should be there doing it but i dont want to!! LOL. I have so much to do before surgery. Both kids have to be packed to go to gparents house. My bag still needs to be thrown together. Two loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, and clean my car out. Im such a spaz about stuff like this.

After work i am on my way to get the kids at daycare. My mom and dad are taking Lola my daughter to soccer practice and my son Kameron and I are going to do something together. He loves spending one on one time with me and even though he is 8 now he still likes to think hes the baby! lol He hates other people seeing me hug him or cuddle but when no one is around. Whooahh baby watch out!!

Besides that.. Just trying to get it all done!! Tomorrow i work for half day and then i have to pick up my hunny!!!!

Laureen S.
on 8/27/08 12:58 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA Posters!

Last night I met Tony at the train station and we went to The Chart House in Weehawken, NJ for a nice dinner, after which we sat at the bar with a friend of mine whose house I was staying at overnight, as she lives just across the river from the City and it beat going home late and having to make my 2-1/2 hour trek to work in the a.m., watched a bit of the Mets/Phillies game, what a heartbreak for me, that's why me and Tony have nicknamed our team the Mutts, I think Phillie fans and NY Met fans, while having a rivalry of sorts, can truly empathize with one another, our teams lead us to the altar and leave us like jilted brides over and over. . .  good luck Phillie fans, I do hope my team wins though ;)

Anyway, I'm here at my desk, nothing much happening and starting to wonder how much longer before the rumors of layoffs become a reality, as my department has been dead for about a year now and it's not looking good for a rebound anytime soon and while they've moved people around and such to keep us going, just not sure how willing they will be to continue on this way.  I am not worrying because I truly believe that is a waste of enery, and also believe that should my job be axed, they would give me a decent severance package, as I have been here over 12 years, not to mention when one door closes another one opens and what is meant to be will be, but it does seem as though the possibility exists that jobs will be cut sometime soon if things do not pick up around here and basically this is just our department, so that is the good part of things, that the company is making money, just not off of us. . .

Well I certainly hope that you are having a great day and to those undergoing surgery or recent bench members, I wish you an easy recovery!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views