Going in for surgery of a different kind

bubble273
on 8/26/08 6:50 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,

Well, after months of trials and tribulations with my gallstones and then the implantation of this lovely biliary tube that I've had for over 2 months now, I am on my way in a couple of hours to have everything removed.  I'm headed to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for my surgery.  I have to be there at 8:00.  My MIL is taking me down.  Garry was going to take me, but he would only have a 3-day pay if he took off because of the holiday.  And he doesn't get sick time or personal days.  So if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid.

Anyway, I should be home on Thursday, if all goes as planned.  So say a little prayer for me.  I need a little goodness to happen for once lately.  The surgeon said she should have no problem getting the stones and the tube out all in one shot.  The GI doctor had planned to actually have 2 to 3 outpatient procedures done.  But the surgeon after talking to the GI doctor said she could do it in one shot.  I'm good with that.  Get it out and be done with it.

So everyone have a great Wednesday and a good Thursday and I'll post when I get home.

Karen

keri2008
on 8/26/08 7:01 pm - PA
My thoughts and prayers are with you today, I'll be surgery but I will still be praying for you - you're right, you do deserve goodness!  Take care of yourself.

Keri
Liz R.
on 8/26/08 8:37 pm - Easton, PA
Good luck Karen! I'll be thinking about you today!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 8/26/08 9:13 pm - Easton, PA
Karen,

I'll be thinking of you today and can't wait for Thursdays post!!

You'll do fine - and hopefully this will all be a distant bad memory! 

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/26/08 9:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hey Karen - I wish you all the best with your surgery today - will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for that and everything else you're dealing with right now. Take care - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/26/08 11:15 pm - PA
Karen - Wishing you all the best today. Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Heather D.
on 8/26/08 11:59 pm - OH
Good luck Karen!!!!!  I will be sending positive thoughts your way!

Laureen S.
on 8/27/08 12:45 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Karen,

Sending positive healing thoughts out for you and prayers.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 8/27/08 3:16 am - Lancaster, PA
you are in my thoughts and my prayers sweetie
RMM1108
on 8/27/08 3:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi there... this is new for me... I just signed up and I'm having surgery next week. I can see by you're Dr. that we're having it done at the same place. Any advice, comments, or insider tips before my big day! BTW... I hope you surgery went well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views