Hello and Update

kat19136
on 8/26/08 3:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey All, been  a while since I posted over here, so I thought I would provide an update, I have my date!! WOOOHOOO....I will be having the DS procedure on Oct.29, 2008

So Now I am in freak out mode..LOL Still have to quit smoking and lose that 15 lbs and have only about 8 weeks at this point I guess. 

Wish me luck folks, I guess now that everything is starting to happen for me I will start posting a bit more.  Work has been crazy so that is why I can't get on as much as I did before. 

Gotta run now again...UGH....never get a break anymore!!   Talk to you all soon!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

Pam Hart
on 8/26/08 4:11 am - Easton, PA
Hey - that's an awesome date as my surgi-versary is on Oct 30 - so all those dates are great around that time!!

You'll lose the weight and ditch the smokes.  Just remember - smoking (which I did - quit before surgery - went back - and have quit again) robs your body of vitamin c and oxygen so your body CANNOT heal the way it is supposed to after surgery - don't wanna end up with a gaping wound or ulcers which go right through your new tummy, which is a VERY REAL possibility.

You'll do great!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/26/08 4:55 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congrats Kat on getting your date - and best of luck with quitting smoking and losing the 15 lbs - doing both at one time will be a challenge but I know you're up for it!!

I smoked for 20 years and just put them down one day because the smell was getting to me, my throat was sore all the time, etc. Anyway, what helped me stay away from the smokes was to change my routine (if you've seen the crazy commercials that are on now that was basically me!!) - and I stayed away from all my friends who smoked. I cried for a week - it was ridiculous - but I got thru the week by telling myself I had gone so many hours/days without one I could continue, and I did.

Wish you all the best with your surgery and the smoking/diet issues - you can do it - just keep telling yourself that!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
kat19136
on 8/26/08 11:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Ew Pam...thanks for the visual warning..ick, don't want that problem.   I have been getting pretty disgusted with smoking lately myself, mostly because of the prices, I can't wait to start saving that money.  Maybe I will sta**** all and treat myself after surgery....maybe a nice tattoo, which by the way Pam I saw yours finished and looks awesome!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

Laureen S.
on 8/27/08 1:24 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Kat,

You can do it, not saying it's easy, but put the money you spend on your smokes in a jar everyday you don't buy a pack and see how quickly it adds up, you might want it for a tat or you might save it for a plastics procedure should you want any when you've done losing your weight ;)

I quit 5-1/2 years ago after probably 10 attempts, I think in the last 3 years I've had maybe 2 or 3 urges for a smoke and I just remembered how damn hard it was to quit and now I've had this surgery and I won't do anything to risk any possible side effects, as Pam mentioned. . .

So good luck and think positive healthy thoughts!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 4:50 am - Perry, MI
Hi there,
Congrats on your surgery date.  Can't say I ever had to quit smoking, coz I never smoked.  I had too many other addictions to pick that one up. 

I had a grad school professor use Narcotics Anonymous and the 12 Step program they offer to quit smoking.  My sister-in-law used the patch.  Whatever you have to do, quitting now will help you heal and you will find you have more energy and feel better.  That is what everyone who quit tells me. 

Take it one hour at a time, and replace the smoking with a bottle of water, or sugar free iced tea, to help you.  Take a walk every morning and evening to help you relax and decompress. 

Most importantly, post here as often as you need to for encouragement and support.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views