HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoutjoy
on 8/26/08 4:13 am - Culpeper, VA
Even those of us who are eight years out sometimes feel very alone!!  There are no support groups, no bariatric professionals, and I have the foggiest if there is anyone out here except me!!  I had heard a rumor that there was some sort of support group in Emporium.  Is anyone out their??  Someone from the area, in our town, died due to a leak he had no idea he had because there was no professionals, no support to offer him. 

Anyway, thanks for all of yous!!

Paula

dit657
on 8/26/08 5:00 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Paula - no discrimination here - whether you're 8 days or 8 years out - or pre-WLS - we're all here to support each other. I say congratulations to you and your 8 years, tho - that's wonderful and yes, you are probably the only person I've 'met' who is that far out from their surgery.

I'm not even 8 months out yet so I can't really relate to what you may be experiencing now, but this is a super site for any kind of support, and we'll offer it where we can.

I hope you can find a local group to meet with in person - maybe check the hospitals in your area - this surgery is coming along big time and many of the hospitals either offer support groups or nutritionists that can help you with questions and/or struggles you may be experiencing.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the PA Boards!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 8/26/08 6:03 am - Easton, PA
Well we are all here!! I am about 4 hours away but know the area - my grandparents have a cabin out that way, forget the name of the town at the moment though. gaines I believe it is. Anyway I know you are super close to NY there - isn't there anything up that way? How far is Buffalo? Or State College? I mean once a month might be worth a hike?

I am just an e-mail or call away
shoutjoy
on 8/26/08 6:59 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi Liz,

Both are two to 2 1/2 hours away.  I may have to travel if I want any "local" support.  With gas prices, it will be hard.

Yes thanks all!!!

Paula
DebiMcK23
on 8/26/08 11:56 am - Aston, PA
Well, if you ever need some online support, you can definitely count on everyone here at OH!

303/197/153

Patricia R.
on 8/27/08 4:42 am - Perry, MI
Hi Paula,
Welcome to our group.  I am sorry to hear that you are alone in your journey because of geography.  Do post us as often as you need to.  I am two years out, and I definitely need the support from OH, and the forums I belong to. 

Hope you will keep posting and sharing with us.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views