Website/Product Review

Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 11:25 pm - Easton, PA
A few weeks back I asked about DaVinci syrups and what not and ended up ordering from a website suggested to me (www.netrition.com)  Granted, their prices on DaVinci itself was more expensive, but their shipping was a flat $5 which with how much DaVinci I ordered at once (7 bottles) saved me money from lollicup.  While I was there I ordered a few different products.  One of them was a granola mixture, as sometimes I like to add granola to my yogurts and what not but have trouble finding a sf version.

I found "Flax Z Snax" no sugar added granola.  I bought the cinnamon almond one.  Now - the fat content is a bit high - but it also has nuts in it and I don't normally eat a whole serving of it at a time.  But this stuff is soooooo awesome!  The only "complain" I have is that on the package it suggested eating a serving of it with milk as a breakfast cereal.  Within MINUTES of the milk hitting it, it turned very very soggy which I prefer crunchy cereal.  However - just as a snack by itself or added on top of fruit, it is awesome!  Here is the nutrition info:

142-0010
Flax-Z-Snax / Naturally Supreme
Flax-Z-Snax Granola, Cinnamon Nut
9 oz. bag
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 42g (1/2 cup)
Servings Per Container: 6

Amount
Per Serving
% Daily
Value*
  Total Calories 177     
     Calories From Fat 120     
  Total Fat 12  g 18%   
     Saturated Fat g 6%   
     Trans Fat g  
  Cholesterol mg 0%   
  Sodium 130  mg 5%   
  Total Carbohydrates 18  g 19%   
     Dietary Fiber 11  g  
     Sugars g  
     Sugar Alcohols (Polyols) g  
  Show Net Carbs Net Carbs
Minus Fiber
g  
  Minus Fiber & Sugar Alc. g  
  Protein g  
  Vitamin A     0%   
  Vitamin C     0%   
  Calcium     8%   
  Iron     8%   
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Pecans, maltitol, canola oil, almonds, wheat bran, flax seed meal, oats, soy protein isolate (non-gmo), flavorings, baking soda, salt, sucralose.

This product may contain traces of nuts.

Excess consumption may cause a laxative effect.

If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact Flax-Z-Snax / Naturally Supreme at 1-800-348-5821

I also ordered Big Train Pancake/Waffle mix and will probably be using that as our dinner tonight - I am in the mood to make breakfast for dinner so we'll have that with eggs and I'll let you know what I think of that as well.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 8/26/08 1:28 am - Philadelphia, PA

Pam,

I am so glad you liked the website.  I have been ordering from them for over 2 years and I have tried many different products.  The thing  that impresses me is the nutrional information is on there for all the products.  They also will deliver the bottles in the winter, atlthough I think they might stop for a few weeks on the glass bottles.  I ordered 6 bottles of the divinci in all fruit flavors and I am mixing them with sparkiling water...what a nice refreshing treat. 

One last thing, they are excellent in answering questions.  I had asked them to get in the Caramel Sauce and two weeks later they stocked it.

Jeanne

Eileen51
on 8/26/08 9:09 pm
Are we allowed to have "sparkling" water?  Also, what ratio doyou use to mix the sf syrups with water?  I have some syrups and would like to try this.
Thanks,
Eileen
Pam Hart
on 8/26/08 9:15 pm - Easton, PA
Carbonation is supposed to be a no no.

That being said, I have had some diet caffeine free cola on literally 5 occassions since surgery.  And I don't really like it.  I get real gassy from it.  This coming from someone who used to drink 2 liters of diet pepsi A DAY before surgery.

Others tolerate it fine.

I definately wouldn't try it early out, though.

You could possibly put it in a blender with ice and the syrup and make a slushy out of it, though.  One of my "barix bible" recipies actually uses diet root beer - but it's a blender recipie.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 8/26/08 10:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Eileen,

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone newly out.  I didn't try it until almost 2 years post op.  Also, I use so much ice and let it sit for a few minutes before I drink it.   I was never a soda drinker, and I drink close to a gallon of water per day so I need something to mix it up. 

I cleared this and would recommend anyone who has a question about sparkling water to clear it through their nut.

As far as the ratio, I go to taste.  Some of the s.f syrups carry a stronger taste and of course I use less.  Start out with a small amount and see how you like it.  I have mixed them with regular water and then froze the bottle for a few hours.  It was a great alternative to the Wylers/Crystal Lite mixes. 

Jeanne
Shannon O.
on 8/26/08 2:14 am - Reading, PA
which DaVinci syrups have you tried... they seem to have the biggest list I have ever seen of their stuff... the only one I have is strawberry and I like it a lot... but wondered what you used...

jdruski
on 8/26/08 2:25 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Shannon,

It is easier for me to put down what I HAVEN'T tried:

Almond, banana,  chai tea,coconut, creme de menthe, german chocolate cake, ginderbread, lemon, lime and macadamia nut.

I have over the years had them all.  I make coffee drinks in the morning using different flavors.  I use their pancake syrup, but it is thin.  I just recently discovered if you can drink sparking water, it might a little too bubbly for newbies, I mix some of the flavor in that and it is great.

I tried s.f cola and s.f. vanilla over crushed ice this weekend.  it was fabulous.

Jeanne

Pam Hart
on 8/26/08 2:42 am - Easton, PA
The ones I LOVE:

Raspberry, Coconut, Lime, Lemon, Vanilla, Pineapple, Peppermint Paddy (mix the coconut and pineapple together for pina colada...lemon and lime together for citrus burst....vanilla syrup with cinnamon sprinkled on top in nf ricotta cheese for rice pudding like flavor.....)

I didn't like the peach or chocolate one

Bailey's Irish cream was decent, but not one of my favorites

I will be trying the watermelon and kaluha (sp?) next time around

I use them in my coffees, greek yogurts, sometimes even over sf ice cream!

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views