**TUESDAY ROLL CALL**

Liz R.
on 8/25/08 8:57 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning everyone! I am gearing up for another busy day. Work then off to Mom's to cook some more to stash in her fridge. She is getting better daily and yesterday we were told that she is CANCER FREE!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO! She is still weak however so I have been cooking so all they have to do is microwave meals. Then home to bed! I haven't been home before 8 in weeks and I am up at 4:30 so these are some LONG days for me.

What are you up to today?

Liz
Jackie Smith
on 8/25/08 9:29 pm - Coatesville, PA
Good Morning PA Posters,

Today I have to take my daughter to have an ultrasound done on her thyroid.  At her physical yesterday the doc thought it felt a bit "full".  Both my mom and I had thyroid problems so well see what happens.  Then it's off to get the oil changed in my car. 

Kendall still needs a backpack for school so we will be visiting Kohls. 

I need to pack my bag and take a nice long hot bath in prep for tomorrow.

Boy it is it beautiful out this morning.  I have to doors open and the cool air feels so refreshing.

Have a great day, Jackie
bubble273
on 8/25/08 9:34 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Liz and PA,

WOOOOHOOOO is right!!!  That is fantastic news about your mom.  So glad she is okay.

Today has me taking Connor to the school library to return books that he took out last week.  Everything has to get back to the school by today to get ready for the new school year.  My gosh, where did the summer go??

Then I'll come back and finish up some transcribing.  I have to turn in one more job before tomorrow.  Because tomorrow I go in for my gallstone removal and biliary tube removal.  YEAHHHHHHHHH, FINALLY!!!  I will probably post later about it.

Then tonight the realtor is coming over to discuss numbers.  Not too excited about that, because I know it's not going to be good.  We've only been here two years, so it's not like there's a lot of equity in the house.  Plus, the market stinks.  The couple pluses I have are the house is move-in condition.  All anyone would have to do is change the paint.  And the big plus is that we live in the Pennsbury School District.  And that's the main reason I moved here.  But I hope to break even.  I really need to come out ahead a little bit so that I have the upfront costs of moving to the apartment complex I want to go to.  So we'll see how it goes.

Well, have a great Tuesday.

Karen

Patricia R.
on 8/25/08 9:45 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Liz,
I am running late this morning.  I am heading to the car dealership to get my car inspected, then to work at the hospital for some extra $$$$$.  After work, I must start cleaning this dump I call home. 

Thanks everyone for praying for my son-in-law.  I will keep you all posted on his condition.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jojobear98
on 8/25/08 9:52 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Today I will be at work till 5. Then rush to the doctors straight from work to meet my mom who is getting my son there in time for his appointment. The poor kid has ear wax issues and always has, so it's time for his routine irrigation to get it all out. He can hardly hear it's impacted so much.

then it's home to make dinner and gets the boys ready for school tomorrow morning. Which consists of me filling out endless forms, and getting thier bookbags situated.

In the midst of all that I am hoping to be able to play with my daughter. She will be at her dads from friday till monday morning and I will miss her terribly.

Have a great day everyone!
Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 9:53 pm - Easton, PA
Liz,

That's GREAT about your mom!  Glad things are doing well thus far - continue to take care of yourself as well!

Jackie - you'll do great tomorrow!

Today I am doing some research on a few things about the pa area.  Thanks to some insider info I may have a better chance at LVH.  I will also be applying to the other area hospitals to compare.  Hopefully if any of them contact me I will be able to arrange to have all my interviews on the same day or two days and also have time to look at apartments/houses for rent in the area.  I also am doing research for hubby - to see if his NJ EMT license can be transferred to pa.  I already have most of the paperwork filled out for my nursing license and will be mailing that out shortly.  It will cost me over $200 to get my license stuff all transferred over - but I am thinking it will be well worth it.

I will be taking a nap - hubby should be home by 4p - and then we'll spend a quiet evening at home - maybe watch a movie after dinner and then it will be bed for me.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/25/08 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning all - Great news about your mom, Liz! You're due for some good news - glad it came your way. Jackie - all the best tomorrow - you'll do great!! Karen - wish you all the best on the sale of the house and moving - alot of stressful things going on in life for you right now - hang in there - we're all here for you. Pam - good luck on the job front and welcome to PA!!

I know that doesn't cover everybody but hopefully most!

I started my day with exercise then walking the dog - man was it cool out today - felt great! I'm getting excited about my trip to Seattle - while I feel a tad guilty about leaving hubby home with my mother I know he has his man-cave to retreat to plus the dog to distract him, and I really, really need this time away. My mom has been working my last nerve lately and I just need a break.

This Thursday I leave for Seattle and get home Tuesday night - work Wed and Thurs then I'm off again next Friday. Hubby has finally agreed to having the big 'V', so I'll be taking him Friday morning for that procedure, then Friday afternoon the oncologist wants my mom to have a CT scan to see if her lung cancer is progressing and if so, where. And possibly starting treatments for her again, so this little break is much needed before we get into all that again.

So for today I'm at work - going to Target at lunch to pick up a few last minute things for my trip. Tonight I'll really start packing and organizing - trying to take only one big back to check and a small carry-on. Easier said than done.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/26/08 1:07 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

I am soooooo happy to hear that your Mom is free of cancer, that has got to be the best news, now she just needs to regain her strength which you are certainly helping her do.  Hoping that the remainder of the year gets better for you and your family!!!

Hi PA Posters,

Just me sitting here at my desk, absolutely nothing happening, the phones aren't ringing, but then again, it's the week before Labor Day and the big City is usually pretty quiet, but add in the economy and well things are a lot quieter than usual!  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the end of my workday as I am going to dinner with Tony and then staying over an old co-worker friend's house who lives up in Fort Lee, so I tomorrow instead of getting up at 4:30, I can sleep until 6.  Otherwise nothing too much happening.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, the mornings certainly are more fall like lately, but hey, I'm not complaining one bit ;)

Prayer, hugs and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

BlancheJackson
on 8/26/08 8:27 am - Butler, PA
Well.. I can't say good morning, as it's 6:16 in the evening here!  This is the first time I've been on the PC all day.  Very long day for me.. still have this very annoying pain in my hip... day 3.5 now... but it's slowly getting a little bit better.  Hopefully it will be gone very soon. 

I've not done too good food wise today, yet I haven't binged either.. just not the best choices.  Maybe it's the constant pain in my hip... not being able to go for my walk... money issues.. you know.. normal stuff!  lol

Have a great evening.. see ya all tomorrow!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views