Liquid diet and migraine--update

pieparty
on 8/25/08 11:39 am - Milroy , PA
hey everyone I posted a couple of days ago about starting a supervised liquid diet for weight loss and regaining control, and asked if migraine was normal. To let ya'll know the headache is getting some better. I still feel pretty drained but I am sticking to my guns and each day is getting better. It feels so good just to be able to stick with it. I am learning some pretty tasty recipes and such too. One unexpected side effect is how darn good all the food in my house smells to me, and how well I can pick up on the scent.  I feel like a blood hound must feel. I am on the scent.  LOL Thanks everyone for your help.
GD_007
on 8/25/08 11:46 am - Drexel Hill, PA
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!  And when I'm walking outside, I swear, I can smell a BBQ 3 miles away!!  LIke a shark smells blood, I tell you. 

-GD

Patricia R.
on 8/25/08 1:41 pm - Perry, MI
I am glad you are improving, just surprised you are on a liquid diet at this point in your surgery recuperation. 

I am blessed in that I live alone, so the only food smells I have to deal with I make myself. 

God bless.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 4:50 pm - Easton, PA
I don't believe she has had surgery yet - I think this was to help with pre surgery weight loss and to break her food addicted behavior.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 4:51 pm - Easton, PA
It is amazing, isn't it?  There is a "RAID" commercial on by me with a roach wearing a blind fold identifying foods by smell only.  That's the way I feel - even without being on a liquid diet any more!! 

Glad things are getting easier for you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
pieparty
on 8/26/08 2:16 am - Milroy , PA
Pam is right I haven't had my surgery yet. Still looking forward to it : ) But I have to say that being on this liquid thing, I am learning some about why I go for food. The other night I saw a bag of chips that my hubby was eating and I almost grabbed them, thought no I don't want that, then thought well I could have a meat and cheese wrap with them that would be healthier, then caught my train of thought and corrected myself. I was completely satisfied with the shake I had earlier it was completely an impulse to grab the snack food, and then to rationalize. I am really glad that I caught myself. I am learning alot and I can tell my apetite is shrinking, and things are starting to come into line. This whole process is helping me to learn alot and I am glad for that. Talk at ya later.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views