2 weeks out: hell

Shan08
on 8/25/08 11:59 am - the Skook, PA
Oh wow, thank you SO MUCH.
I just got all teary (in a good way for a change, lol).

God Bless...
and thanks again for a much needed dose of hope and motivation.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Liz R.
on 8/25/08 8:42 pm - Easton, PA
Shannon - Nicole and Pam seemed to have got it all but I wanted to let you know that I too felt like crap run over for about 6 weeks. Then I woke up one morning the nausea was gone and the energy started to kick it - this is all worth it - it may not seem like it now, and judging by you saying that you have twins I am sure that life was crazy enough pre-op and that didn't change any now! Hang in there sweetie I promise it will get better!

Try cutting out the milk and using soy, that helped me tremendously! Also fluid is more important then protein right now so keep hydrated! I had to drink off a tablespoon for quite a while. I would take 1 T of liquid every 2 minutes, you will be able to drink more and more and protein will go down easier! We are here for whatever you need - good or bad!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/08 11:05 pm - Eastern, PA
I promise you, things will get better.

I'm 5 years out, but still vividly remember my first two miserable weeks.

I couldn't ever get all my water in, yet still somehow managed to have 100 million gallons of diarhea everyday that kept me all but glued to the toilet.

I gagged on my medicine everyday. Literally physically gagged like a dog horking up a chicken bone. Never threw up, just gagged until my throat hurt.

Lovely, huh?

All I can tell you is to stick it out. It will be nothign but a horrible memory before you know it!
peace013061
on 8/26/08 2:50 am - Connellsville, PA
Shannon,
I have just begun my journey and a date for surgery is not even in sight yet but I wanted to say THANK YOU. I am so glad you posted on the problems you have been having( i appreciate knowing what is going to possibly happen when i do get my date).
Hope you feel well soon !
Hugs
Tough times don't create character tough times reveal character.

DebiMcK23
on 8/26/08 12:02 pm - Aston, PA
Hello Shannon,
Everyone has covered everything really well, but I have to comment about the "protein bullets."  if your doctor doesn't carry them, go to GNC and pick a few up.
I had the same problem with protein in the beginning, and having the bullets saved me.
Protein is so darn important.
Debi

303/197/153

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views