daily fat grams ?

rita61677
on 8/25/08 10:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
ok so the NUT at barix gave me daily fat grams guidelines to go by - 11 per meal and between 26-43 total daily. i know im only 2 1/2 weeks out but i think i get maybe 11 grams of fat total a day. is this terrible? should i somehow up my fat intake or does it really not matter this early out? i get all my fluid and protein everyday but barely any fat. What do you all think? Thanks
GD_007
on 8/25/08 11:08 am - Drexel Hill, PA

NOTE: This is a non-medical opinion.

At 2 1/2 weeks out - I wouldn't sweat it.  Focus on the protein (healing) and fluids.

Once you get back to "real" food that will be more when you need to watch that fat content.  I think that a certain amount of fat is good for the body.  Granted....since we're on an Obesity board, maybe we all have a little too much fat. 

Later,
-GD

Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 12:17 pm - Easton, PA
Up until just recently I had very little fat in my diet period.  All of my meats was basically chicken, my cheese sticks are 2% my ricotta cheese/yogurt/pudding was 0%  They never said it was a problem.  But I need to up my intake of red meat due to my iron - so I'm getting slightly more fat in now.

This early out it's definately not a problem.  And probably won't be.  I do try to encorporate good fats like nuts and olive oil....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
rita61677
on 8/25/08 9:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
thanks - thats what i figured. by the way - Pam you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!
Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 9:54 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Rita - I appreciate it
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views