It's almost time!

Jackie Smith
on 8/25/08 7:36 am - Coatesville, PA
Hello,

I feel like I am getting ready to jump on the rollercoaster with a bunch of friends.  I've been standing in line and one by one everyone takes their turn. 

Today is day 9 of the liquid diet.  I had my annual PAP today and found out that I have lost 10lbs since the 13th!!  then I ran errands with my daughter and we have a few more to run tomorrow. 

So far I have not done to much worrying about Wednesdays surgery.  I am sure tomorrow night it will hit me like a ton of bricks.  It really does feel like I have been in a long line chatting and having fun, asking questions and syking myself out.  Tomorrow night will put me in the que for the coaster and thats when I become scared and consider backing out. 

Last night I had a phone call from a lady who works with a few of my friends.  She had her surgery 10 weeks ago.  It was so nice to just talk with her.  Then I found a video journel of a lady named Amiela on Youtube.  I had no idea anyone even did anything like that.  So far I am 3 weeks post op.  I can't wait to sit down this eveing and watch the rest of her journey! 

I do have a question:  Does Dr. Boe do any kind of Barium thing after surgery to make sure I don't have leaks?  Also, is the liquid diet the only cleaning out we have to do?

Thanks, Jackie
Dr. Boe on the 27th!
Nicole0216
on 8/25/08 8:00 am - Lancaster, PA
I am so very happy for you. You have done your research, gotten educated and have support in place. You have even survived the dreaded liquid diet. YOu are set and good to go. I am very happy for you, it will be here in no time.
tracyb330
on 8/25/08 9:04 am - Temple, PA
Hi Jackie,
I am almost 5 weeks out and I had Dr.Boe too. I love him. He is so great. He does a Barium x-ray thing before you are able to have any liquids. The liquid diet is the only thing we have to do...no enema or anything like that....thank goodness. I'll have to check out YouTube to see the woman you are talking about. Good luck and you are in good hands with Dr.Boe

Take care,
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Eileen51
on 8/25/08 9:14 pm
Jackie,
Good luck, I will be thinking of you tomorrow.  It has been a wonderful journey for me (14 months out) and I have never regretted having the surgery.  I hope you are as successful.
Eileen (from the Phoenixville group)
dit657
on 8/25/08 9:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Jackie - I wish you all the best with your surgery tomorrow!! Dr Boe is wonderful - very compassionate and understanding - and funny! You're going to do great!! I'm going to be away for a few days but hope to be able to check the boards from time to time to see how everyone is doing.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 8/25/08 10:06 pm - Easton, PA
Jackie - the morning after sugery they will walk you down to the x-ray department and you will have to drink a small cup of this stuff that tastes like Robitussin and they will take pictures to make sure there arne't any leaks, then it is back upstairs and you get to take a shower! It is THE best shower of your life! lol

Sit back, hold on and enjoy the ride, it is going to be a wild one! If you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to call me on my cell 610-462-1204, I'll be around all evening and I am on the road by 5am so if you need an ear in the morning I'm here too! That goes for everyone out there too!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views