Hida Scan

Liz R.
on 8/24/08 10:55 pm - Easton, PA
OK So friday at 8am I have to be at the hospital for the Hida scan. She told me that is about a 3 hour test. My question is am I going to feel like going to work afterwards? I am considering making it a nice long holiday weekend and taking friday off. That sounds like the best plan of attack to me! lol Looking forward to the results of this test - hopefully it gives us an answer!

I am almost hoping that it sends me into one of these attacks, I had another "big" one this morning soon after I got to work - not pleasant.

Thanks for all of your support!!

Liz
jackie j
on 8/25/08 1:14 am - Glenmoore, PA
Hey Liz, did anyone mention "sludge" to you in the gallbladder.  It tends to come and go in waves with some sharp pain but mostly discomfort and nauseous waves.  It can be just as debilitating as having g-attacks but its more elusive because it sloshes around.   Hope the Hida tells all.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Liz R.
on 8/25/08 1:21 am - Easton, PA
no... but I do have all of those symptoms.  I do get a fair amount of the sharp stabbing pains though, at least one a day, usually more then that. And it comes at strange times, middle of the night on my way to work. It doesn't correspond with food all of the time - it is goofy.

Thanks!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 8/25/08 6:27 am - Easton, PA
Hey Liz,

The test for me was no big deal.  Of course it didn't send me into having pain, so it's "easy" for me to say that.  I would assume you would feel decent enough to go to work - but hell - they don't need to know that!  You have a medical test that will take a good portion of your day and you will be tired and need to eat afterwards, right?  I think a 4 day weekend is exactly what the hida scan was meant to be for you!!  lol

Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 8/25/08 8:07 am - Lancaster, PA
I say take the darn day off. You deserve it Good Lord. They wont miss ya.,
Liz R.
on 8/25/08 8:28 pm - Easton, PA
LOL Ladies - I think that you are right! I put in for the vacation day yesterday before I left! Now I can beat the traffic upstate to see my grandmother. I'll stop home and eat and take a nap and be on my way.

I almost hope that the dye sends me into an attack - then I won't feel as though I am crazy! and we can proceed with a solution.

Thanks again! I'll let you know how I make out

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views