Dave the "fish guy"--help needed

cynthia_13
on 8/24/08 11:08 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
I am looking for fish/seafood recipes, especially anything LOW sodium or a good marinade that's not salt/soy. I pan-seared some large scallops recently and they came out gross and weirdly peppery-tasting though I did NOT season them. Appreciate any advice!
jojobear98
on 8/25/08 2:53 am - Gettysburg, PA
I bake fish with Old Bay......or Parm Cheese........or taco seasoning. But those may be higer sodium than you want. Not sure. I am at work and not near my cupboard....LOL
Liz R.
on 8/25/08 4:54 am - Easton, PA
Steve, I believe, is our resident "fish guy". I like to just use a bit of panko breadcrumbs as a treat. Or parm cheese is decadent as well. You can always cook them in a parchment pouch simply with a little olive oil and lemon juice, maybe some herbs.

Good Luck

Liz
sbrunell
on 8/25/08 6:52 am - Bensalem, PA
It's easier if I know what you are cooking...since what is good for scallops isn't good for good for red snapper.

But here is a very easy one.

Tilapia fillet -everyone carries it

step 1.  rinse and pat dry the fillets
step 2. lightly drizzle olive oil on both sides (lightly)
step 3. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash) on each side of the fillet
step 4. put in a pan for 2-3 minutes per side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Bay also works well.
I used to add a lot of butter, but that's now out.
If you like ****tail sauce, you can make your own.  It's just ketchup (Heinz sells a 1 g sugar one)  and horseradish.

here is a good source for recipes: http://www.aboutseafood.com/

Enjoy.

Also if anyone needs help w/ fish, pls PM me. It sends me the email...so I make sure to answer you.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

jdruski
on 8/25/08 7:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
I thought Steve was our fish guy?????
CherylT
on 8/25/08 8:05 am - Perkasie, PA
I LOVE orange roughy.

I get a bag of it frozen and individually sealed from Costco. All I do is take one out, snip the corner of the bag, microwave for 5 minutes on med. high, and add lemon juice, pepper, and a lil kosher salt. It is wonderrrrfuuulll.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views