***Monday Roll Call***

Liz R.
on 8/24/08 8:52 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all - Good luck to our "new loosers" today!

Pam - the fairies are on strike at my house it seems too! Had to tell Chris the bad news last night... he as to clean up after HIMSELF! lol He's working 2nd shift now (noon -9pm) so I am not there to coax along his housework.

Today has me at work 6-4pm then to the grodery store and off to my Mom's to stock  up the fridge of easy to microwave meals. Have to be home by 8 to tape hubby's WWE wrestling, he went to see if live in Bethlehem last night so he wants to have it recorded. Then it is off to bed early for me - I am SO exhausted from the weekend! Oh I also have to call and make an appt for my Hida Scan.

Have a great day everyone!

Liz
dit657
on 8/24/08 9:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everyone - I had a restless night - kept waking up for some reason - weird dreams? Anyway, it wasn't the restful night I had hoped for. But I was ready when the alarm went off and got up and rode my bike for 30+ minutes and almost 7 miles, which felt great. I had slacked off over the weekend on that because I was so busy doing other stuff. I did get one really good walk in and one not so good. Walked the dog yesterday but a Harley came by and gunned the engine and scared the **** out of the dog and then all he wanted to do was go home.

Today has me at work - nothing new there. Have an appt with the asthma doctor tonight - he weaned me off my Advair so he'll give me a breathing test tonight to see if I can stay off it. I've felt really good and have had no problems, so that would be a wonderful bit of news if I can stay off it for good. Steroids - not a good thing...

Now I'm counting down the days until I leave for Seattle (Thursday) to see my daughter, son-in-law and 3 beautiful granddaughters!! My daughter sent me an e-mail asking me what she can get me for food - that's always a tough one, you know, because I can eat pretty much anything now but still need those proteins and stuff. I know she makes protein shakes for the girls so she has stuff like AnyWhey in the house (just have to watch that fruit!).

So that's my day - congrats to all those at Barix today ready to turn their lives around! I know they'll do great.

Hope everyone has a great day - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
megan B.
on 8/24/08 10:15 pm - Shippensburg, PA
Good morning all!

I'm enjoying my last day of summer vacation to sleep in today. I looked at the clock at 6:20 and desided to stay in bed although only until about 7:30. Still very nice though. I work at shippensburg high school which is definitely in farm country in the middle of the state which means many things happen on farm  schedule which means early to work and early to bed. School starts at 7:15 in the morning. Oh how I hate the thought of that.

I'm just going to do some last things aroound the house today that I want to finish before school statrs. We're actually starting late this year, typically I would have a full week of kids this week. Busy week. Appointments for hair cut and last pedicure tomorrow which means up early, inservice Wed and Thurs and blood work Friday then home for Labor Day weekend to Johnstown to visit with folks. I prefer to be busy this week, it will start to get me back in school mode. Last week I was not busy and completely decadent with my laziness. I had a great weekend. Went to NYC to see a show with my brother. Young Frankenstien. Very good. Then yesterday was very productive, cleaned house, brushed cat to attempt to keep fur out of house for maybe one day, did all my laundry and finished a quilt I was working on. Fell into bed quite tired but a good day.

Good luck to everyone with surgery this week. Have a great day!!!

bubble273
on 8/24/08 11:02 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Monday morning everyone.

I was up very early this morming, like 4:00 a.m. and decided that I would proofread some of my transcripts that I had gotten done editing.  So I proofread until around 7:00 and went back to bed.  I'm up now and it's almost 9:00.  I have some more editing to do today.  I will have to try to keep myself busy all day because of what's going on with me and my husband.  I am feeling really, really depressed and sad.  I know I will be okay.  I miss him already.  He didn't stay at the house last night, which I guess is for the best.  But I don't like the fact that he's not here.

That's basically it...just trying to get through the day!

Karen

Shannon O.
on 8/24/08 11:14 pm - Reading, PA
well I'm not trying to get down that this is week 5 of my stall and the nuts can't seem to figure out what is going on and on top of all of that I started... argh...

I think I might go to the gym to do the yoga class and not care if it kicks my butt and take another mini break from the weights to see if that helps some...

I also need to fold laundry and set up a flickr account for my clothes that I am going to sell off...

Good luck to everyone that is having surgery today!!

Laureen S.
on 8/24/08 11:15 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA Poster Friends!

Happy Monday to all and best wishes for the new losers joining us on the bench this upcoming week, it's an exciting journey to say the least.

I had a busy weekend and even with my three-day weekends, which many are jealous of (lol), there does not seem to be enough time to do all that I want now (lol)!  My son came home from Germany this past Friday, so I babysat for the wee ones while his wife picked him up at the airport, but they were down for their nap, so it didn't take much watching.  It was cute though seeing them wake up to their dad, anyway, afterwards I went home and met up with Boston Lisa, who had gone for her 1 year appointment at Barix and then her and I met up with my son and his family for dinner, after which I drove her to Philadelphia to meet up with her very nice friend :), Adam!  After that I met up with my g/f's to go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, it was disappointing. 

Saturday I got up and thoroughly cleaned my house, did laundry, after which I went and hung out with my son and his family, gotta take advantage of those babies while I can, because they are going back to Germany on the 6th, but for the last time, as they will be back home for good in December (yippee!), left there and did some food shopping and went to my AA meeting and Friendly's afterwards, then home to bed.  Yesterday, it was up at 6:30 a.m., colored my hair to rid myself of the telltale signs of my real age (lol), then off to have breakfast at my son's inlaws house.  After that I went shopping, as I have no sweaters or coats for the upcoming fall/winter season, lots of slacks thanks to Lisa, but not too many tops either.  So I went to Walmart, nothing I saw there I wanted other than two zip up lightweight tops for over something, you know run out the door stuff.  After that I went to Ross' Dress for Less, where I got two nice sweater jackets, one with a hood, $14 and $13 apiece, one nice top and a dress to wear to a special occasion I have next month, I spent a big $25 on the dress and it's real cute.  A couple of bath mats and a new ironing board, too!  After Ross' I stopped in Boscov's, my favorite store of all, I certainly hope they survive Chapter 11, anyway, they had some winter coats for 75% off, I got a nice shearling coat that was originally $180, for $45 and another shirt, so the day was a successful shopping day, with less then $200 spent ;)  After that I went to my friend's to a small gathering for my roommate's birthday celebration, which was actually last weekend, but we were all in Vermont camping so we celebrated yesterday instead, then we went to our AA meeting, after which I went home and prepared all my food to take with me to work for the week.

This brings me to today where I sit catching up with all of you and what has been happening in your lives. . .  Hope you all have a wonderful day and if you are facing challenges of any kind, please know I keep each and everyone of you in my prayers daily.

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

BlancheJackson
on 8/25/08 1:39 am - Butler, PA
Good morning all.. sorry I wasn't around yesterday.. it was my day to spend with my hubby.  Unfortunately, it was not a good day for me.  I have done something to my left hip that feels like a HUGE bruise and is very painful. I can barely move without bursting into tears.  Thing is... I didn't fall or anything.. not sure what I could have done.  So.. no exercise for me for a few days...  

So today, I'm just trying to get through the day without too much pain.. trying to find a comfortable way to sit... the computer chair isn't too bad!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

tanya72100
on 8/25/08 4:07 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Well im late at this today.. But Today has me at work. ALONE in the office. Im trying to get things done but cannot seem to concentrate at all whatsoever!!! Im so sidetracked!!

My oldest started 2nd grade today. His sister is at preschool/daycare waiting for him to return!! She loves her big brudder!!

Tonight im going to start packing  my kids bags and my bag for the hossy. The kids will be staying with my parents for a week. they only live a mile away so i will still get to see them.

Other than that. I have tomorrow weds, and half day thurs, then im off till atleast Sept 15th.. Come on Friday!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views