jovigirl
on 8/24/08 8:55 pm - washington, NJ
Huge Hugs to you Karen

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/08 9:04 pm
Karen ...

Your attitude seems positive and that will be good thing. I truely think everything happens for a reason if at the moment we do not know why.

If you ever need to just alk let me know I am always willing to listen without even offering advise (cause well I have never been married) just to let you vent. 

Conner and you are gonna do fine you are strong smart and beautiful woman with a fierce amount of support behind you here.
dit657
on 8/24/08 9:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Karen, I'm sending a huge hug your way - I'm so, so sorry to hear that things didn't work out - but at least the honesty this time seems to be making it a little better to deal with. I've never gone thru this myself and have no idea what I'd be like, so all I can do is offer my support and prayers for you and Connor to have the strength to get thru this together.

Turning to food right now would be the easiest way to cope with all this, but you've come so far and done so well that to let this take you back down that path would be a grave injustice to all you've worked for. If you really feel the urge to indulge jump on line and send out an urgent message to all of us - we're here to support you thru this.

Take care - we're always here for you...

Hugs - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
J. M.
on 8/24/08 10:51 pm
Stay strong, Karen.  It's unfortunate that you have to be going though this during all the other things going on in your life.  I know there are plently of people out there who have been through this and can help you.  Keep reaching out for support when you need it.

Your a strong girl and I know you will be okay!

~ Jen   

oobiebus
on 8/24/08 10:54 pm - pottstown, PA
Hey sweety!I  gathered thru your post that you are a very strong person,Its been tough for you but you can getthru this,You and connor will be just fine,I can actually say been there done that,so i know you can do it too! Its ok to eat popcorn,Hugs are sent to you~Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

New_Beginnings_36
on 8/24/08 10:56 pm - PA
Karen - I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. My heart goes out to you and your son. You are a strong, confident, amazing person and you will do great no matter what! If you ever need anything, just let me know...we are all here for you {{hugs}}

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Laureen S.
on 8/24/08 11:54 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Karen,

I am very sorry to hear your news, but as others have pointed out and your post indicates your thoughts, sometimes what we think of as an end, is simply a new beginning, leading us down paths we never dreamed possible.  So grieve your losses, the dreams you hoped within this relationship may go unrealized, but there are other horizons opening up and you are a different person than you were and after you put all this behind you, helping Connor to know that he is loved by both his parents regardless of whether they are a couple or not, I am sure you will find a life partner more suited to the person you are becoming.

Hugs and best wishes for you to get through this transition, Laureen 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/08 6:36 am
I know that everyone hates to hear it when they are going through something tough, but it is true...everything happens for a reason and when one door closes, another opens.  You are an amazing, sweet, beautiful, strong woman and you WILL be fine.  Your prince charming is out there somewhere.....love will happen for you again when you are ready.  You deserve the best life has to offer.  Right now, put yourself and Connor first.  I know it hurts right now, but it will get better as time goes on.  If you are not seeing a therapist now, maybe you should consider it.  It really helps to unload on someone whose undivided attention you have for an hour every week. 

Remember that we are all here if you need us. 

HG
CherylT
on 8/25/08 8:24 am - Perkasie, PA
Hi Karen,

I'm so sorry.

I went through a divorce as well a few years ago after being married 18 years. It just downright sucks in the beginning, but I am glad I did it now because I can finally see him for who he really is, and not who I wish he was.

We should go man-shopping. :)

Seriously, take care of yourself, and know that things will get better. We are all here for you.

GinaB308
on 8/27/08 12:41 am - PA
Hey Karen,

Sorry to hear the news but it appears you are in control and comfortable(for lack of a better term) with the decision.  It's still sad to see a relationship end but you are much stronger this time.  you have come so far over the past months!!!  I remember your sweetheart of a brother fromthat first support group mtg, i'm sure he'll be there for you.  I'm still around lurking just not posting on on the boards as  much.........thinking of you!

gina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views