OT: Marriage is over

bubble273
on 8/24/08 11:01 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,

Not to dampen anyone's Sunday night or maybe Monday morning, but I just had to let you all know that after months of trying to work on our marriage, my husband has decided that he's just not happy.  So we're calling it quits.  Most of you know what I went through for 7 months with his bull crap and I really thought we could work things out, but apparently I'm not enough for him.  He just says that he wishes he could love me like he did before but he just doesn't.  I appreciate his honesty this time.  And we made a pact that if things weren't working that we would be honest with each other.  So I thank him for that.  It just sucks.

I have to now put my house on the market, which has got me more upset than my husband leaving.  I LOVE my house and thought I'd be here for a very long time.  I just won't be able to afford it by myself and even with support.  I just can't.  So I'm calling our realtor in the morning and getting it right on the market.  I can't waste time.  And my husband knows that he will still have to pay everything until this house sells.  I will not let my bills go by the waist side just because he's done living this part of his life.

This time the break up is more amicable and I know that we will be friends.  We love each other very much...it's just not that "in love" love.  I'm so afraid of telling Connor that again his parents can't make things work, but I have to do it eventually.  I will wait though until after he starts school.  He already has issues...I don't need this getting in his way too.  And it's really amazing how things work out.  Because just a couple months ago I was pregnant.  I do believe everything happens for a reason.  And maybe this was the reason.  I would have been left alone with a newborn.  It just saddens me.

Well, thanks for listening.  I will keep you guys updated on how things are going.  I don't really feel good about my situation and am afraid of the emotional eating.  I actually ate a whole bag of microwave popcorn for the first time last night and it scared the hell out of me.  I can't let myself get into that habit again.  So I may be on here asking for your support A LOT as I go through this part of my life.

Thanks again.  Talk to you guys soon!!

Karen

GD_007
on 8/24/08 11:16 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Karen,

I am sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you and Connor.  Althought I'm new on the board and we've only met a couple times - I'm here to give you whatever support you need during this trying time.

Chin up.  From what i've seen you a strong and intelligent person that can overcome this and continue to be a role model for the rest of us!

My best,
-GD
bubble273
on 8/24/08 12:12 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Greg.  I appreciate it.

Karen

Pam Hart
on 8/24/08 11:48 am - Easton, PA
I've sent you a pm
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
eccgee2000
on 8/24/08 11:49 am - Runnemede, NJ
Sorry to hear that.  I know the feeling of not being able to work out a marriage.  It will all work out I assure you.

Bill
bubble273
on 8/24/08 12:13 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Bill. 

Karen

Gail M.
on 8/24/08 11:50 am - Scranton, PA
Karen,
   I'm sorry to hear of your problems.  I was very upset over my divorce and it still breaks my heart 10 years later.  But I do believe that things happen for a reason.
   I wouldn't jump to do anything yet.  I don't know you or your husband but being in love like you were pre-marriage just isn't the way life is.  Love takes on a new meaning as your life together progresses.  With children, bills, jobs, and a house, staying "in love" is work.
  Also, if you really are going to go through a divorce, you can be pretty sure that your relationship won't stay amicable for very long.  Take a step back and deep breathe, but most of all, take care of yourself.
Gail

bubble273
on 8/24/08 12:14 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Gail.  I think we'll be all right.  We already talked about staying married and not doing the divorce thing because of health insurance.  I'm a 1099 and I would have to pay for my insurance.  Just another bill that I would not be able to afford.  I know it's all nicey nice right now and that things could change, but I'll keep my fingers crossed, at least for now.

Karen

Nicole0216
on 8/24/08 11:57 am - Lancaster, PA
You have been through so much lately, hard to believe you were pregnant just a few months back, had health problems etc. I have not known you long enough to know that you were or had had problems in your marriage. I just wanted to say that I am more sorry than I can say that you and your son will have to go through this painful experience. But I cant help but believe there is something wonderful on the other side of this for you. I have been divorced myself and it is a hard journey, but there was definately a rainbow at the end of mine. He is 5'8, wirey haired hazel eyed and insane as a bug with an English Accent and he is the best best thing that ever happened to me. If I had been willing to stay in an unhappy marriage then I would never have found him. I will be thinking of you and please let us help you.
bubble273
on 8/24/08 12:15 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks, Nicole.  My best friend says my millionare guy is out there waiting!!!  We shall see :)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views