Ok ladies a question for you.

Michele S.
on 8/24/08 10:13 am
Alright I have a question for the ladies (or men if they know) how do you deal with the hunger and cravings the 4-5 days befoer your period starts? 

Also what, if anything, changed in your monthly "gift".  I know mine have been more consistant with weight loss but also more cramps.  I have also noticed other changes in my skin and temperment around that time.  What else can I look forward to that they "forgot" to mention in the pre-op sessions.

Ok so that is really more than one question.  Any information would be geatly appreciated!!
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

411 / 210 / 200
Nicole0216
on 8/24/08 11:59 am - Lancaster, PA
I never thought that i had PMS,. well aparently now i do. I start getting ill tempered, anxious and soooo negative before my period not to mention that I want to eat everything in sight. I think I may need to go on a different pill now that I weigh over 180 less.
Pam Hart
on 8/24/08 12:12 pm - Easton, PA
It's ridiculous, isn't?

My cramps are more than worse since after my surgery.  I am in a LOT of pain for the first 24 hours.  And the only thing that has ever worked for me and my cramps is motrin, which of course we are not supposed to take any more.  And I want to eat everything in site as well!

As far as the pain - there have been times I've taken one dose of motrin just to get me through my work hours.

As far as the cravings - I try to stay away from stuff as much as possible, and if I "cave" I make sure it is something like whole wheat crackers or something like that (I crave salty things around that time of the month, not so much chocolate things)  On the rare occassions the chocolate obsession has become an issue, I have bought a small bag of sf chocolate, taken 2 pieces out of the bag, and thrown the rest away.

I do try to up my water intake as I retain water like a sponge and that always makes me feel worse to begin with - all tight and bloated and what not - not to mention the scale's evil numbers on it, LOL

My husband always knows when it's "that time of the month" and I appologize in advance to him and basically keep to myself.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
sbrunell
on 8/24/08 2:28 pm - Bensalem, PA
Sorry, I can't help. I normally try to avoid being seen suring those days. I also wear cammos to avoid being detected.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

dit657
on 8/24/08 9:37 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Yes, its definitely worse after surgery - of course I'm over 50 now and hoping that my will be on its way out for good soon!! The moodiness is awful for me, too - I want to pick a fight with everybody and know why but still can't control it, so I try to avoid any and all stressful conservations!! Cravings aren't too bad for me, thank goodness, but the cramping and back ache make up for that.

Its so much fun being a girl sometimes!!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
DebiMcK23
on 8/25/08 2:48 am - Aston, PA
I too suffer from horrible cramps and moodiness around that time of the month.  If I am craving something salty, I will eat one of the 100 calorie packs of Sun Chips.  I need the super small bag so I don't go overboard. 
I have been known to "sneak" a midol when I am really crampy.  Other than that, I take lots of hot baths and I use a heating pad on my back during work hours. 
I never got my period regulary before surgery.  Now I am like clock work...  which makes my husband very pleased, as he knows when the crazy is going to hit...
I have heard some people saying birth control pills help with cramps, but it has been the oposite for me.  I went off the pills because my cramps were so bad.  I wouldn't mind having another child, but Gary is dead set against it, so I keep telling him to look into getting snipped...

303/197/153

Michele S.
on 8/25/08 8:33 am
Thaks to all who answered it helsp to know I'm not alone in this!!
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

411 / 210 / 200
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views