Hello All...

momma2
on 8/24/08 12:18 pm - Harrisburg, PA
I know it has been a very long time since I posted...I just wanted to let everyone know that things are going really well for me...I celebrated my 40th b-day today and as I sit here I realized how lucky I truly am...I entered my 40's today down 90lbs, healthy and blessed with a loving husband and two wonderful children...I thank God daily for my blessings and I do also want to thank all of you for you support over the past 8 months...I have laxed in the exercise department and I have not been faithful in writing down what I have been eating...these are things that I am aware that I need to regroup and start doing again...I feel better when I exercise and when I know exactly how much protein etc. I have consumed for the day verses when I just "gestimate" my totals...I still have times that I am extremely tired...I am doing 2 sublingual b-12 a week, may have to increase, will wait to see what the dr says...I do realize that my old emotional eating wants to creep up at times, however I can now divert my energy to something else....I still like my carbs...I feel that I would rather eat them over anything else, but I limit myself daily to what carbs I eat....I still go with one meal and one day at a time....thanks again everyone and I have upload some new pictures...hope all is well with everyone...blessings...

Sheila

Pam Hart
on 8/24/08 12:22 pm - Easton, PA
Sheila,

I actually just read your comment on my blog and thought "hmm, I haven't heard from her in awhile!"  I'm glad you are doing well and happy happy bday to you!!

Carbs are evil lil things, aren't they?  Such a shame we don't normally dump off of them, huh?  Although I have gotten sick off of things like bread and bagels and what not - I think it's a texture/density situation with me. 

I need to up the exercise thing too.  I have been bouncing between 130-133, it seems I can't get much lower than that.  The nut and dr. p wants me at 128 - we shall see if I ever get there!

Glad you are able to enjoy your 40's so much more now, and maybe even more so than your 30's!! 

Good job!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
momma2
on 8/24/08 12:48 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Pam...and I know that my 40's will be a lot better than my 30's....yeah those carbs are evil....I just have to keep that mind set...I haven't gotten sick once....I did have a bad case of the dry heves? twice, once on Mother's day when a bite of ice-cream turned into SEVERAL spoonfuls, and the other week when I was prescribed a "pain" medicine for my tooth...it felt like my pouch was going to explode...thought I was headed to the ER, hubby decided to call the pharmacy, and they told him, that it was the medicine...boy I didn't take any more of that...lol...maybe your body is content with your current weight...you aren't that much off of their goal...I know my goal is 10 pounds less than what Dr. Currie wants me at, but if I make it great, if not I will be fine with it...thanks for the b-day wish and take care...hopefully I will not fall off the face ot the earth again...ha...ha...

Sheila

Nicole0216
on 8/24/08 3:27 pm - Lancaster, PA
you are doing so well, thanks for updating us
momma2
on 8/24/08 9:45 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Nicole...

Sheila

dit657
on 8/24/08 9:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hey Stranger welcome back! And Happy 40th Birthday!! Sounds like you're doing wonderfully - down 90 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. We all lapse at times but it seems you know what you need to do to get back on track, so go for it!

Yes, carbs - love 'em too - not so much bread and pasta because I really can't tolerate them, but the crunchy, salty ones are my achilles heel. I try to limit myself as well but I know I've been letting more back in than I should.

Glad to see you back - don't be a stranger!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
momma2
on 8/25/08 5:46 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Kathy...those carbs...gotta love them..ha..ha..I will try to stay more active on the boards again...you are looking AWESOME...keep up the great work...

Sheila

Marlo71
on 8/24/08 10:54 pm, edited 8/24/08 10:55 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Happy Birthday!!!  It was good to read your post, in 2 weeks I will be having surgery with Dr. Davidson  and you are an inspiration and you are doing great!  I know the challenges I have ahead of me and I hope I can be as successful as you!  90 pounds is awesome!

I hope you have a great birthday, you should celebrate all week!!  (But not with food...lol)
Keep up the great work!! 

-Marlo 

momma2
on 8/25/08 5:50 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Marlo...I thin****lebrated enough yesterday...ha...I did have a small piece of cake w/out the icing...(it was too sweet)...and ejoyed every minute with my hubby and my children...keep me informed with your surgery and if ya want I can bop over and pay ya a visit...blessings....

Sheila

Laureen S.
on 8/24/08 11:37 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Shelia,

Congrats on your 40th B-day and all you accomplished leading up to it, which pretty much gives you an opportunity to have the best of health in the future!

Sounds like you've done quite a bit of successful losing thusfar and with an eye towards the things that you need to be mindful of, so wishing you lots of "successing" in the future.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views