Once a Dumper...

dit657
on 8/24/08 7:47 am - Boothwyn, PA
...always a Dumper. Man, one of these days I'm going to dump on something decadent!! Today is was a stinking smoothie I made for breakfast this morning, and the only thing I can think it was was some frozen pineapple I bought at the store.

The smoothie was delicious - pineapple, banana, milk, sf coconut syrup and about 1/2 tsp Splenda (sort of like a pina colada without the good stuff0. About 2 hours after having it I was cleaning my bathroom and got this sudden case of intestinal cramping and thought 'what the heck is that all about' - then before I knew it I was heading for the toilet and dry-heaving - and sorry to be so graffic but I had to turn around and sit on the toilet while I continued to dry heave into the damn waste can.

I got the shakes - I got the chills - I got it all. Finally made it the bed to lay down and it passed in about 1/2 hour.

That was only my 2nd dumping episode since surgery (for those *****member my first was on Liquid Tylenol with PowerBoost at 2 wks post op). Man, I'd take 10 bouts of foamies over one bout of dumping...blech.

So be careful out there your newbies - you just never know what's going to send you running to the potty!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
keri2008
on 8/24/08 7:54 am - PA
Oh  Kathy - I'm so sorry!  Have you had pineapple before?  Or maybe it was the high carb (bananas are very high)?  Either way that sucks.  Be good to yourself by doing something decadent non-food related (pedi, mani, massage) - you deserve it especially after it was something that should have been fine!

Keri
dit657
on 8/24/08 7:58 am - Boothwyn, PA
This is so funny because I did just what you suggested this afternoon - had a pedicure and my nails done!! Felt wonderful after feeling so lousy this morning. I looked at the bag with the pineapple - that was it - sugar content just too high. Thank goodness dumping only lasts a little while - not days!!

Kathy

keri2008
on 8/24/08 11:34 pm - PA
That's awesome and funny!  I'm glad you did that, it's those types of decadent things that can help us through I think!  Not looking forward to the dumping but already you have helped me because now I know to be VERY  careful with pineapple!

Keri
Gail M.
on 8/24/08 8:54 am - Scranton, PA
Kathy,
   That stinks but gosh the smoothie sounds delicious.  Maybe next time you should cut the fruit down by 1/2.  Maybe it was the milk.  Do you drink it often?
Gail

dit657
on 8/24/08 9:31 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Sadly it was the pineapple - I don't know if they added sugar to it or what, but I checked the bag and it was way over my personal limit, and I used a little more than I had on Saturday - I'm good with milk - I use 1% and haven't had any problems with that. Thank goodness it doesn't last long!

Kathy

GD_007
on 8/24/08 11:06 am - Drexel Hill, PA
  OMG... sorry to hear.

-GD
Liz R.
on 8/24/08 8:44 pm - Easton, PA
Kathy - might have been the milk... does it to me every time! I became lactose intolerant after my surgery. I live on soy milk now. Still OK with yogurt and cheese though, I was told because it is processed I can tolerate it better.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience :(

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/08 9:26 pm
Kathy sorry you had the experince and glad it seemed to pass fairly quickly for you. I have not "dumped" yet but could be the foamie queen these days.

Just tweak your pineapple next time!
jojobear98
on 8/25/08 3:23 am - Gettysburg, PA
it's funny you say about dumping on something decadent.

Because I do! Every holiday my aunt makes this homemade chocolate eclair pie that is amazing. And it was tradition that she made me one for my birthday each year. Since my surgery, I cannot eat it. (well not supposed to!)

But on easter and christmas, I have a VERY tiny piece and get so sick from it. But I am prepared to be sick and know I will. But it's like a childhood comfort I cannot give up so I literally make myself sick to have it.

That's just wrong and wierd I know!

But I anticipate it and go lay down for about 20 minutes after I have those few bites! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views