PLS HELP!!!!!

sbrunell
on 8/23/08 9:40 am - Bensalem, PA
Just getting back from Wal-mart.
My wife wanted an iced tea out of the cooler, and picked one up. She decided to take the colder one behind her.  She drank half, and realized that it wasn't diet.

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO READ THE LABEL, we always do. She just read the label on the one in the front.

She started with a terrible headache already. Is there anything she can do to minimize the anticipated dumping???/

I figured more fluids might help dilute and flu**** thru her system sooner. 

any suggestions on making it better would  be greatly appreciated.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

J. M.
on 8/23/08 9:44 am

not sure, but i had too much regular ice cream last night and drank a ton of water and that seemed to help.

hopefully she's okay.

~ Jen   

GD_007
on 8/23/08 12:21 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
OMG....

I agree with Jen - water, water water.

Good luck!
-GD
Pam Hart
on 8/23/08 12:24 pm - Easton, PA
I don't know if that will help per say.....but it's worth a shot.  The thing with sugar is that it is absorbed as soon as it hits the tongue/mouth.  Unlike the other nutrients that have to be absorbed by the intestines (hence why diabetics are told to suck on hard candy or have the little tubes of sugar gel in their purse...cause it's absorbed along the gum lines)

Sorry she's feeling ill already - hopefully it will be quick and easy for her.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Ready4 AChange
on 8/23/08 9:59 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Just wondering how she was doing ? Hope things are ok.

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

GinaB308
on 8/24/08 12:04 am - PA
I agree, water helps move things along.  Hope she is ok now (I'm a litlle late posting).

Gina

sbrunell
on 8/24/08 2:19 am - Bensalem, PA
She ended up with an awful migraine for a few hours, but that was about it. We had warm brewed iced tea from Wawa that sat in the car, so she gulped that down.

We saw this youtube video pre-op, and it scared the poop out of us:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylrx0S80IgU

Luckily it wasn't like that.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!