Rice??

cleos_mom
on 8/23/08 10:58 am - phila., PA
I loved rice before. but now I can't tolerate it, which to me is a good thing because it is a carb & really has no nutritional value other than it tastes godd I am 14 months out and I have tried it 2x , only 1 tbsp and it made me sick, I don't need to try it again to see if I can tolerate it. I really don't care anymore I don't like getting sick or the foamies. If I get the foamies 1x I may try the food again but if I get the foamies again I won't ever have to try it.
but everyone is different,.
Now ,Pasta I use DREAMFIELDS it is the closest to regular pasta and it is low on the glycemic index & many people that couldn't tolerate regular pasta can eat Dreamfields. it is at ShopRite,Pathmark ,Giant and probably other places it is about 2.69 a box. I can't eat that regular low carb or even Barilla plus pasta it tates like cardboard. I am Italian so I really know the difference in Pasta before surgery I ate it probably 5x  a week and 1 1/2 lb at a time. NOw I only eat a serving which is 2 ounces and I can't even finish that 1 x a week
Susan
dit657
on 8/23/08 11:29 pm - Boothwyn, PA

I haven't had any problems with rice - in very small amounts and mixed with something else (like chili). I eat it on occasion - pasta, on the other hand, is very difficult for me to tolerate, so I avoid that most of the time. Everyone's pouch is different...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views