Day 8 of Liquid Diet

keri2008
on 8/23/08 11:14 pm - PA

Well I finally made it to day 8 of the liquid diet!!!  It has been such a roller coaster.  I have learned an incredible amount about myself and my eating patterns, which was a bit of surprise considering how long I have been focused on me and food.  ROFL.  I have come to understand also how IMPORTANT protein is and to stay hydrated, which I am sure will keep me in good stead post-op.  I am having some anxiety today though (probably because it's so close AND because we moved our daughter away to college yesterday).  Is this right for me?  Maybe I can do it without surgery? I guess I'm JUST scared.  Just being honest and purging myself of how I feel rather than eating to suppress it.  That's another thing I am learning about myself - how often I eat in a response to a feeling!  Being able to read the boards and "speak" with all of you has helped me so much - thanks for listening.

Keri

jojobear98
on 8/23/08 11:46 pm, edited 8/23/08 11:46 pm - Gettysburg, PA
You definately learn alot about yourself. Heck I still find that I grab an unplanned snack when I feel a certain way and don't realize it till afterwards. Granted, my snacks now aren't the same kind I would have eaten before but it's still a battle to not go to food for comfort. It's always a learning process and always an experience. You don't have the surgery and automatically do things right. It's a path that will take you many places and you will live and learn so much.

Good luck to you!

Courage is knowing you should be scared of something but having the stregnth to do it anyways............(I stole that from a movie but like it! ....he he!)
keri2008
on 8/24/08 12:33 am - PA
Thanks for your post!  I am struggling today with the "cravings", and I felt angry about it!  Like, "I've learned a lot and this shouldn't be happening!" but like you said it's a path and we keep looping back to our weaker points.   I choose to look at it as an opportunity to notice the weakness, be conscious of it and find new ways to heal it/beat it/accept it.  Thanks for the bit on courage, I've heard it before but definitely needed to hear it today!

Keri
Nicole0216
on 8/24/08 7:18 am - Lancaster, PA
If you can do this you can do anything. Just remember this will be a life style change even with the help of the surgery. So no you probably cant just do it yourself because you have managed to get through this liquid phase. All of us have been able to white knuckle it through diets for awhile. It is so good that you are getting a clear idea of your habits etc so you can conquer them.
keri2008
on 8/24/08 8:06 am - PA
Thanks for that!  I laughed when I saw the "white knuckle" piece.  ROFL.  Today was DEFINITELY a white knuckle day.  WK's holding onto my water and sucking it down, WK's gripping my shakes and WK's from gripping everything so darn hard because I wanted a CHEESEBURGER.  ROFL.  It's so bizarre how not eating changes your perspective on what you can handle and what you can't.  Habits are so pesky!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views