1st post-op appt

Shan08
on 8/23/08 2:02 pm - the Skook, PA
Hmm, ok, so I'm down like 20 pounds already.... my appt was on friday so it wasn't even 2 weeks out.  I'm psyched about the weight loss, but I'm worried I didn't lose it in a healthy way, since my intake has been very limited.

But maybe this is normal in the very beginning?

I've also been having weird thoughts.
I'm afraid to get too excited... I'm finding myself wondering WHAT IF this surgery just doesn't work for me?  No matter how I try I just can't imagine my body any different in, say, a year from now.  Perhaps I'm so used to failure when it comes to weight loss?  I don't know. 

Ok, well, enough of my yapping.  Thanks for reading.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
J. M.
on 8/23/08 11:38 pm
COMPLETELY normal. I'm sure many people can say they had the exact same thoughts.

Your mind is going to think in a thousand different directions during the stages of this journey.  Just know that it's all going to work out....and to not get ahead of yourself (like i always seemed to do) try to take it one day at a time.

Keep reachin out for support when you need it

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 8/24/08 6:24 am - Easton, PA
Shannon,

You will lose quickly in the first few months especially!  The first few weeks remember a lot of it is water weight.  I don't know how much weight you have to lose - but the more you have the more will come off in the beginning stages especially.  It actually doesn't go by pounds loss - it goes by "percentage loss". 

And in a few weeks (maybe within the next week for that matter) don't be surprised if you stall - it happens at about 3-6 weeks out for a LOT of people.  Which kind of sux  But your body takes that long to figure out how little you are taking in, believes you are starving, and holds onto everything it has.  But - it can't win!

Yes - it's hard to believe this surgery will "work"  Granted - long term - it's all about YOU and not the surgery.  It's all about you sticking to the plan and "working your tool"  The tool works always - you just have to treat it with respect.

If you haven't taken pics or measurements yet - please do so!!  I measure:  Neck, biceps, boobs, right under boobs, waist, hips, both thighs, both calves.  I wish I would have done my wrists and fore arms too.  It will help to keep photo documentation - and when you say "I've lost 50 pounds but don't see the difference" you can go back and look at your monthly progression - and many find looking at pictures they can indeed see the difference.

You are normal - and congratulations on all your successing thus far - many more to come!!  Hey - pick up about 4 bags of flour from the grocery store and carry them around with you - that is what you have lost so far!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 8/24/08 6:25 am - Easton, PA
Sorry - I should add that the pics and measurements I do on a monthly basis (although now the pics I do just whenever we are out and about - I just try to make sure I get some often!)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 8/25/08 12:18 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Hey Shannon!! Im so proud of you!! Your  my hero!!! Great Job ! Keep up the great work.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views