Update.... What Dr Brader had to say...

Liz R.
on 8/22/08 9:40 am - Easton, PA
OK So first of all - I love this man... he just instantly made me feel at ease. I was in his office for almost an hour. WE didn't com up with a difinitive answer but at least we have a path to head down. He is leaning towards gal bladder because of where the pain is. I am going for a Hida scan, I have to schedule it when they open back up on monday. When he sees the results of that we'll go on from there. He also wants to see the results of the endoscopy.

He also pointed out a TON of stuff to me on the CT scan results - it is cool to see them. He noticed that there was a lot of stool in my intestine and that my intestines seem to be "favoring" the left side of my body - he just said that this is something to keep an eye on because it could become an issue with an internal hernia. Nothing to worry about now.

While I was there I also called down to Barix and told them that I HAD to have the results of my ultrasound and endoscopy faxed immediately - only the ultrasound report actually came over - I will call on monday. Actually I Am going to call on monday and tell them that I need a copy of my chart.

So well another test to see whats going on but I feel A LOT better about where I stand this evening.

Have a great weekend all!

Liz
ktreavis
on 8/22/08 10:24 am - PA
Liz, I am glad that you feel more at ease this evening. Hope you get more answers soon.

Katie

Progress not perfection

eclipse1021
on 8/22/08 11:27 am - Williamstown, NJ
i love dr. brader too!  he just has that way about him that makes you feel at ease.  maybe it's because he's confident in the fact that he knows what the heck he's doing.  best of luck to you!

Nicole0216
on 8/22/08 11:34 am - Lancaster, PA
Love that man too. Cant wait til I can have my follow up so I can ask him some burning questions. I am glad you may be closer to getting some answers. Hang in there.
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 11:45 am - Easton, PA
Liz,

I'm glad to hear you feel more at ease.

The hida scan isn't all that bad, although it can send you into a gallbladder attack from what I understand.  It did take a lot of time, though.  First I was laid on a table with a moving xray machine and it took pictures for probably about 20 minutes.  Then they injected me with some dye and I waited in the waiting room for about 45 minutes.  Then they put me back on the table, took more pictures, injected a different dye into me and took pictures while they were doing that.  The dye isn't like the cat scan dye that makes you feel all hot and what not.  On the second injection, I had a lot of tummy and intestinal noise - they said the second dye makes your intestines and what not start to move things around, hence all the noise.  The hardest part was not being able to eat since the night before and only minimal sips of water until after the test was completed.  My test wasn't until 9 am so it was 11:30 or so before I got to eat - and my pouch is used to eating more frequently than that.

Glad you have a plan of attack!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/22/08 10:17 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Liz - I'm glad your visit with Dr Brader went well - you don't have all the answers but at least you're making progress - sounds like you're a walking medical mystery right now! Will keep praying that everything straightens out for you soon. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/23/08 12:15 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

I am very happy that your Dr. Brader gave you some paths to follow that might bring you some resolution, he is most definitely a wonderful surgeon and caring physician, so you I'm sure you will soon have answers as to what might be the solution for you.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Shannon O.
on 8/23/08 3:06 pm - Reading, PA
So glad you have a plan of attack now... and gall bladder surgery is pretty easy now... a few little holes and suck it out... well that is what they did to my moms lol...

and I think you are going to have to play the pissy card to get your stuff... but do it... you need answers... now!

Liz R.
on 8/24/08 8:38 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted as I know more...

Pam do you think that I should take the whole day of the test off or will I be ok coming in after it?

Thanks again everyone - you guys are the best!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views