2 week appt today

rita61677
on 8/22/08 8:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
so i had my first follow up and it went really well. i lost 24 pounds so far - 18% excess weight. dr. p said i can start some purees now - tuna, chicken , scrambles eggs, ricotta or cottage cheese. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so glad to be able to get my protein from food other than the shakes. i have decided to suck it up and have 1 of the 42gr. new whey shots each day - that gets alot of my protein in at one time. so far so good. WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! im on my way. my boobs are shrinking too - YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today is the first day i put on a regular bra i have been wearing sports bras since surgery - and my old bra is big already. my shirts are pretty big on me too. i do get discouraged bec. my hubby is losing so much faster than i am but dr p told me that would happen so i was ready for it ....i guess. well just wanted to brag alittle.
dit657
on 8/22/08 9:12 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations!! You're doing great - and men ALWAYS lose faster than women - life just isn't fair sometimes, but now you're on the losing side too and your weight is coming off great! Glad to hear she moved you on to 'real' food, too - that liquid stuff does get old! LOL

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 8/22/08 11:35 am - Lancaster, PA
You are doing great, Jason lost 20 lbs when I had my surgery and he wasnt even on a diet. Men sneeze and they lose.
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 11:48 am - Easton, PA
Glad you had such a GREAT appointment!!  That's wonderful all around and starting some pureed will help out too.

Don't be surprised if eggs dont' sit well.  I personally didn't have a problem with it - but many others have.  You can try just egg whites or egg beaters if you discover your pouch doesn't like them.

My favorite is ricotta cheese - I still eat it almost every day.  I use splenda and cinnamon to sweeten it like rice pudding and early out I would heat it up with some spaghetti sauce and mozz cheese along with garlic powder and have a noddless ziti like dish.  You may want to wait a little for that one, though, especially with the mozz and the tomato sauce is pretty acidic.

Keep up the fabulous work and brag all you want!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 8/22/08 5:35 pm - Perry, MI
Congratulations on your weight loss.  That is awesome.  Keep up the good work.  Like the Morning Coffee Talk said on Friday, don't be jealous of hubby's weight loss.  I have had to learn to compare my progress to me, and me alone.

One of my favorite puree foods was vegitarian refried beans with puree salsa and shredded low fat cheddar cheese.  It really hit the spot for a taste of Mexican for me. 

Take it one day at a time, and remember to sip, walk and rest. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 11:10 pm - Allegan, MI
Congrats!  You are making excellent progress.  Glad to hear your appointment went well.

Lesley
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views