Need some advice on traveling!

Michele S.
on 8/23/08 4:08 am
Hello, I will have had my lap band for 4 weeks on tuesday and my new position at my work place for 5 weeks.  I have been having a little trouble getting use to everything all at once but it is getting much better!!!

My question is how do you make travel work?  I will have to attend several conferences in the next 3 months for my new position and I am concerned about food choices etc.  Any tricks others have learned or heard about would be greatly appriciated!!

By the way I ws at Walmart today and bought a cotton button down top that fit!  This is a firs in a very long time  I was shocked I could button it  then my sister told me how nice it looked.  I had to share with someone!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Michele
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

411 / 210 / 200
Pam Hart
on 8/23/08 5:21 am - Easton, PA
Michele,

I'm an RNY so I'm not 100% sure on the whole lap band thing.  I pack stuff when I travel, though.  Things like protein bars and protein shakes in my luggage (you can pack it on checked luggage when flying, not carry on due to the restrictions)

When booking hotels and driving to places I tend to book hotels that have fridges in the room (yes, sometimes this is more pricey)  That way I pack a medium size cooler and bring my yogurts and what not, and keep in the fridge.  That way I can have breakfast in my hotel and my evening snack in my hotel as well.

I don't know your restrictions at this point with the band.  However - most times as reastaurants you can get a salad with grilled chicken or something like that.  You can also request your meals to be made low fat or what have you.

Congrats on the shirt - sounds like you are doing wonderfully!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views