***Saturday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 8/22/08 3:00 pm, edited 8/22/08 4:51 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Family and Friends,
Today is a bitter day for me.  I must take one of my cats to the shelter to get rid of her.  She had been growling and hissing at people who come in, and visit for about a year now.  Well, last night, she bit me.  I love her, but do not feel safe with her in the house, especially if I have company over.

After that, I am heading to the train in New Jersey to go to New York City for the day to visit my son and daughter-in-law.  My son and I love to explore, and since he lives there, it is like having a personal tour guide anymore.  We might take in a show this evening.  I told him I want to see Mama Mia.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jojobear98
on 8/22/08 9:03 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Wow, that sounds like a great day!

I am up earlier than I wanted to be, my daughter decided she didn't want to sleep this morning....LOL

So I will be getting ready, and then feeding breakfast to my "crew" this morning. Then it's off to the butcher shop to go buy our meat for grilling this week, then back home to put it all away. (ooh, very exciting!)

This afternoon I may take the kids to Caladonia State park for a little. It's so beautiful there and they really love it. Then this evening it's off to a birthday party for a stranger........ LOL. It's a guy my BF is friends with at work and they are having an end of summer cook out/birthday party for his daughter. So I will have to probably eat before I go or I will be temped and end up dumping!

After that we may go to the sprint car races. Depends on how the evening goes I guess. So my day isn't overly exciting but it's busy. Have a great day all.........
Patricia R.
on 8/22/08 10:11 pm - Perry, MI
Jojo,
I am so jealous right now.  I absolutely love Caledonia State Park.  When my kids were little, we rented the house there at the corner, and spent Christmas there about four years in a row.  People thought we were nuts.  We also would try to get it for the summers as well.  After my divorce, I have vacationed there twice, the last time right before my surgery two years ago.  It is one of my favorite parks in the state.  My kids have fond memories of that park. 

Enjoy your day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/08 10:14 pm, edited 8/22/08 10:56 pm
Good Morning Darlings,

Trish have a blast and GO GO GO RUN even to see the stage play Mamma Mia it is awesome! I just saw the show in Philly in a few weeks ago and the ending is beyond words.Pssst you can get a work out in!

Here I am another late night but up really early...Yesterday once I got into work my girlfriend called me she was comped tickets to see Rod Stewart at the Borgata last night so she called me to see if I wanted to meet her since her husband said no way. Well HELLO! Of course I got done work came home got changed and off I went to meet her she was down there for the weekend we get there and we were in the 12th row center stage. It was an amazing show and I LOVE Rod Stewart that was 12th time seeing him. After the show I drove home since I have to work today. Not one dime in a slot machine last go me! 

DId I mention I even broke a date last night to go see Rod Stewart ..Hey a girl needs her priorities in life. I will be worth the wait if he really likes me 

So today ahs me doing laundry and stuff around Casa Cowgirl since Juanita is MIA again then out the door at 4:15 for work a block party in Yardley and then back home because I am working a special christening tomorrow afternoon for a wonderful family 

My knee is down to a dull ache and of course I have the knee brace on but it is driving me batty after awhile I may not wear it to work I have to see how it feels I know I should but working outside all afternoon ...

That is my day the wild woman that I am house stuff then work! 

Everyone enjoy there Saturday!

Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 10:54 pm - Easton, PA
lol beth!  if you find juanita, please ask her if she's seen my rosetta - cause she's been mia too!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/22/08 10:29 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everyone - OK, I've decided I want Beth's life!! The girl is a social whrilwind!! LOL! Looks like most are going to have a good day - Trish, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat but its probably for the best - ou have enough drama in your life without worrying aboutr that.

I was up early because I had a little dog laying across my belly looking at me to go for his morning walk - hard to resist that little face!! We walked 40 minutes this morning - it was beautiful out and I met another 'Kathy' on our walk, so that was nice.

This morning I'm taking mom for an MRI and while she's there I'm heading to Home Goods to look for a small chest of drawers for her room and maybe some jeans for me (Marshall's is attached). I bought 6 pair of jeans and capris yesterday in size 22 and all fit differently - some not at all - sizing sux!

This afternoon we're going to my hubby's side of the family for a cook-out - tomorrow is pedicure day, nails, laundry and starting to pack for my Seattle trip.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 10:49 pm - Easton, PA
Trish,

Sorry to hear about your cat - but have fun in the city - and hope the son got you the tix!  My boss at work just saw the movie - she has also seen the play.  She said the play was indefinately better - but enjoyed the movie as well.

I got out of work a bit late today.  And normally I don't mind - but part of it was one of the nurses who I had to give report to came in late (like she ALWAYS does) and one of the patients I had that she was getting was critical - so I had to stay in the room - she popped her head in while I was doing about a million things and then went out and started raving about some dinner she had last night.  uh, hellooooo, why don't you get your A$$ into the room and take over for me. I left in quite a bad mood.

After work I stopped at the drug store, picked up some things, and some photos that we had developed.  Came home and put the photos in the album and am currently eating my dinner/breakfast/whatever you call it.

I'll be headed to bed early today - I'm exhausted and decided I'm taking a veg day as yesterday I spent most of the time cleaning and putting away laundry and didn't get much of a nap in - so I've been up for about 25 hours now....

Then it's back to work tonight.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 8/22/08 10:51 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,

This weekend has me all by my lonesome.  My husband and son left Thursday night to go to his brother's house for the weekend.  My husband has not been himself and said he needed to get away for a little while.  So it's me and the dogs. 

I was out and about all day yesterday after my job in Lancaster.  I went to visit my cousin who lives in Myerstown, about an hour from Lancaster.  Spent a few hours there and then left and headed to Blue Bell to get my hair cut.  I'm so excited because it looks really cute.  I have bangs :)  I wil probably take pictures soon.  I'm 10 months out and haven't taken any since I was 7 months.  So I want to do that very soon, at least before I wind up being 11 months out!!!

So anyway, today has me working on my computer ALL DAY!!!  I have a lot of pages to transcribe.  And I will be able to get a lot done with the DH and Connor not here.  Plus, I came home last night to a big screen TV with no picture.  My dad said he was trying everything and it's not coming on.  So boo hoo no TV for now.  If anyone knows a good repair person, I would really like to know about it :)

Well, have a great day!!!

Karen

Melanie B.
on 8/22/08 11:01 pm - Doylestown, PA
Today I am CLEANING and getting ready for my big day on Monday. Then we have a graduation party at 3pm, which will be a challenge since I'm not drinking alcohol or eating solids But I'll manage.

Then tonight I get to take my lovely phospa soda laxative, so pretty much after that I have no plans

Sunday is clear liquids and packing for my trip to Barix shuttling kids to the grandparents and waiting for the nerves to settle in. I might go to see a movie in the evening to help distract me.

Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 11:21 pm - Allegan, MI
I am also cleaning today and getting ready for my BIG DAY on Monday.  I need to do some shopping, and I suppose I should pick up my phospho-soda while I'm out.  Fun, fun!  I'm also going to go to the gym to swim some laps.  I love swimming and I am going to miss it during the two weeks after surgery, so I'm doing it while I can.

I'm planning on eating a very early and very small dinner, and drinking the Fleets around 5:00 pm.  I don't want to be up all night with that action...

Have a good day all!
Lesley
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views