Update on me

tammypa
on 8/22/08 4:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi everyone,
I saw the surgeon today and he does not want to operate. Yahoo!!!
He feels that the tumor is benign but one that involves blood vessels - so he said
that he does not want to biopsy it. It could cause me major bleeding and all for no reason.
We will continue to follow up with blood work again next month. If that is okay - I will get another
MRI in six months.
He also does not want to remove my gall bladder. He says the stones are so big that they can
not move into the bile ducts, so they can not damage the pancreas.
He said to wait and see if I get any gall bladder attacks and then make a decision. 
He said it could take years to get to that point.
It is such a relief to get this news the day before we leave for vacation. I can now  really
relax and enjoy vacation.
Thank you again for all of your prayers - they worked!!!!
Tammy
Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 4:42 am - Allegan, MI
So glad to hear you got good news!  I hope you enjoy your vacation!
Melanie B.
on 8/22/08 5:02 am - Doylestown, PA
Good news Tammy! Now go and relax at the beach.

pieparty
on 8/22/08 5:10 am - Milroy , PA
 That is fantastic!!!  Now really enujoy your get away and relax big time, your so deserve it.
dit657
on 8/22/08 5:13 am - Boothwyn, PA
Tammy that is wonderful, wonderful news!! No go relax and enjoy your vacation - you certainly deserve it!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/22/08 5:22 am - PA
Tammy, that's great news!! I'm so glad that you got some answers and can relax now :) Enjoy your trip {[hugs}} 

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 6:39 am - Easton, PA
Enjoy your vacation miss tammy!!  I hope continued great news for you over the next coming tests/bloodwork/mri things!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 8/22/08 6:48 am - Lancaster, PA
That is a such a relief and pefect timing!
Laureen S.
on 8/22/08 11:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Tammy,

That is all good news, when you do your 1 year follow-up with Dr. P I would run the gallbladder stuff past her just for good measure. . .

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views