Could this be why I stall?

Shannon O.
on 8/21/08 11:28 pm - Reading, PA
Well, I have been in a month long stall AGAIN... I swear this is just crazy... and to make matters worse is that the nuts at barix can't figure out why... (btw- this is my 6th stall and I'm not even a year out yet... can't imagine what the next year will be like)... I swear I am never going to get past 224! 

So, I got an email from WLS Lifestyles Mag and it had some articles listed and one caught my eye but it wouldn't let me go to it unless I buy the mag (already have a subcribtion so I don't know why it would make me buy it again) but I found the article some place else...

Exercise and Low Carb Diets Make Poor Partners - http://healing.about.com/cs/uc_directory/a/fatlosscoach.htm

I am wondering if this is my problem that I'm eating the wrong combo of stuff on the days I work out and the days I rest... I am hoping that when the nuts call me back ) left a message yesterday that I can email them this article and they can help me make a better plan... I just wanted to share this with you all because I know a lot of you stall a lot like me...

joldaker
on 8/22/08 12:39 am - West Bradford, PA
Shannon I sent you a private message.

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
jackie j
on 8/22/08 2:41 am - Glenmoore, PA
Shannon, that's an interesting article.  I do think its geared more toward athletic folks than WLS people with malabsorption and restricted carb issues but it did mention two things I'd heard of but didn't know the reasoning for...  exercising 1.5 to 2 hours after eating when your beta wave is on its way down up will pull more from fat cells vs. exercising right after eating as the beta wave is on the way up.  That's pretty important. 

I think we all know we need recovery time for muscles but in our case if we do shakes (or higher carbs) on the day of exercise and no carb protein bullets the day after (for recovery of muscle tissue) it might target fat burning better.   I wonder...    Thanks for the info!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

jackie j
on 8/22/08 2:45 am - Glenmoore, PA
P.S. - Dr. Brader has an young exercise guy on board who is REALLY knowledgable and deals w/WLS patients mostly.  He was at the pilgrimage and was pretty impressive and has a great personality.   (This is definately something lacking at Barix.)   Since you aren't far from LGH you might want to give him a call.   You can see him ala carte and still see Dr. Boe. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

DebiMcK23
on 8/22/08 6:19 am - Aston, PA
And he is super adorable...  LOL  My mother is going to have her surgery with Dr. Brader, and she came back from meeting him and said how nice he was, and I had to chime in with how cute he is too!

303/197/153

Nicole0216
on 8/22/08 6:52 am - Lancaster, PA
I thnik this could be as good a reason as any,. I have not figured out the stalls.
eclipse1021
on 8/22/08 7:08 pm - Williamstown, NJ

LOL!!  I have to laugh about someone else thinking Dr. Brader is a cutie.  My best friend and I both had our surgeries with him, and not only do we appreciate him as our wonderful surgeon, but we also thought he was adorable as well.  haha......and to think he saw us under some of the most undesirable conditions imaginable.....the poor man. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views