***TGIF Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 8/21/08 10:58 pm - Easton, PA
Trish,

Welcome back, glad you had a good time with mom.  Stitches?  I don't seem to recall you having them - hope everything is ok and glad they are out now.  Hopefully that swim will help your back pain, too.

Today - well - I did 8 loads of laundry yesterday (how do 2 people accumulate so many clothes?) and it is all currently in bags in my living room (we don't have a washer/dryer so we go to moms to visit with them and get laundry done all at the same time.  Laundromats would be quicker, but not as fun!) so all of that has to be put away.

I need to go get my manicure/pedicure today as my nails are growing out - we're not allowed to have them at work and it's becoming noticeable so I need to get them back into shape before work gives me a problem with it.

Hubby suggested perhaps going to a matinee movie this afternoon - we shall see.

Instead of it being friday for me, it's actually "monday" for me  I had yesterday off and now work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon  I don't mind working the four days in a row - but I absolutely HATE working Fri-Mon  Normally I don't but the scheduler begged me to change my schedule around so I did.

Then in the evening I will lay down to take my nap, pack food for work, and go to work.  Enjoy your weekend all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 8/21/08 11:13 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Pam,
I had a cyst removed from my chest wall near my collar bone two weeks ago.  I had three stitches in it.  It was right where the seat belt goes across the chest.  UGH.  Anywho, I could not swim while the stitches were in, so I had them out on Monday, but went to Mom's Tuesday and now am in sorry need of a swim. 

I forgot to mention when I posted roll call that I am heading to my annual physical this morning.   Fun, fun.  Then I head to work at the hospital.

Hope you are able to move to PA.  Wish you were moving closer to Langhorne.  But, the Lehigh Valley area is gorgeous.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Shannon O.
on 8/21/08 11:36 pm - Reading, PA
Well, today I am taking Lorelei to Chuck E Cheese to play and then home to get dressed to work at Lane Bryant... I work tonight from 5:30 to 9:30 and then tomorrow from 12-5 and then Sunday from 1-5... pray for my poor feet... they hurt so bad still from Hershey park...

Well off to get out of PJs and get dressed for the day...

BlancheJackson
on 8/22/08 12:01 am - Butler, PA
Wow.. Good Friday Morning.. sounds like everyone has a pretty good Friday planned out.. and weekend!  

I got back from Quaker Steak and Lube about 9:30 last night.. it was "bike night".  I enjoyed it. About 15 people from our riding group showed up so we had a good time with the hundreds of others!!  LOL

Today... Well.. hubby has a fishing night planned with his boss... this is NOT a hobby of mine, so I'll have to find something to do. Maybe crochet?  LOL  Anyway.. other than that.. have to hit up Sam's Club for some meat and Walmart for a few groceries... not much else going on. Sometime today.. have to get my walk in!

I am feeling smaller.. even if the scale isn't showing it.. though it may be- haven't been on it in nearly a week. I absolutely refuse to get on the scale when "mother nature" is visiting!!   But!! my tummy is a little flatter and I feel smaller!  He He.. now.. if the scale doesn't support that feeling, I'm going to throw it out the darned window!! 

Have a wonderful day, all... and if anyone knows of a walk going on in the Pittsburgh area (for obesity), let me know!!!   I'll be there with bells on!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

tanya72100
on 8/22/08 1:47 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Well Ive been at work for a few hours already. I did alot but i can tell you I'm ready for next Thrusday to get here already. Im taking a half day  next thrus and then have to pic up my bf in Allentown at the airport!! Yipeee.. Cant wait. I havent seen him since July 5th . He is coming up for a week during break from school( he is an accelerated bachelors program at Full sail Univ for Computer Game Development). He is such a nerd!!! . I love him!!

anyway.. Tonight im making sausage soup for my best friend who is in town with her fiance. She loves it so im having them over for dinner.

Sat we are going to the firemans parade. The fireman's convention is being held in our town this year. Somewhere in between there i will be doing laundry and cleaning.

Laureen S.
on 8/22/08 3:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Trish and My PA Posting Friends,

Hope you get what you set out to done Trish and glad you enjoyed your visit with Mom and got some shopping in too ;)

My shoulder, chest and neck on the left side has been awfully sore since pulling something last week and then last evening I plopped on the sofa and OMG, I saw stars, so I slept in this morning, woke up at 8:20, got ready and left for the gym, my trainer seems to think it could be a number of things, but by the time I left, it actually felt better, so I'm glad the new me did not use it as an excuse not to go to the gym and then I went got a manicure and my toes redone, and am now babysitting my two sleeping sweeties, while their Mommie goes to the airport to pick up their daddy (my son).  After this I will be going home to finally hang out with Boston Lisa, who is on her way to Barix for her yearly appointment. 

It's a lovely day out and I'm looking forward to spending some part of it with Lisa before I take her to the airport to meet up with her friend later this evening.  I hope you are having a lovely day and if you or some family member are facing tough times, be sure that I am sending out prayers and positive thoughts for you and yours!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views