Got my time for Monday!

Liz R.
on 8/22/08 9:46 am - Easton, PA
Congrats! I brought a robe and was glad I did - I was FREEZING! It is kind of hard to get into it though because of all of the wires and tubes, I just draped mine over my shoulders. You will have in 2 IV's I had one in my hand and one in my arm so I couldn't really get it into a sleeve. Of course I was there in january too...

best of luck - anyone that can update us monday?

Liz
Patricia R.
on 8/22/08 5:07 pm - Perry, MI
Lesley,
You are sooooooooooooo lucky to get the early time.  When I had my RNY and my hernia surgery there, I was told to get there around 11:00, but was not taken back till after 1:00.  My blood sugar was in the pits and I was dehydrating.  I begged them to put the IV in and let me wait in the pre-op area, but they made me wait in the waiting room. 

The TV stations suck big time at Barix.  I swear they were picked by sports enthusiasts, which I am, but get real.  I took my CD player or iPod for listening.  Take comfortable slippers, because you will be doing a lot of walking.  They wake you every four hours for breathing exercises and a walk, even in the middle of the night.  So, you will also need some type of robe or cover-up as well. 

I took my own pillow, because I am a freak about having my down pillow wherever I go.  I also took a photo of my kids, as they could not visit me because they live out of town.  (I am a sentimental sap at times.) 

When you get admitted, they will give you your room number and the phone number to it, but I also took my cell phone to allow for people to reach me easier, plus it allowed me to call my kids long distance. 

I am off next week, so let me know your last name so I can come up and visit you.  HIIPA prevents Irene at the desk from telling me your name.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

keri2008
on 8/23/08 10:52 pm - PA
Congratulations!  I'm so excited for you!  It must feel like being a kid again waiting for Christmas morning!  I hope to see you while I am there on Wednesday!

Keri
Lesley G.
on 8/24/08 12:44 am - Allegan, MI
Thank you!  I hope to see you, too!  And you're right -- I totally feel like a kid on Christmas Eve just waiting waiting WAITING!  I can't believe the day is almost here.

Best wishes for your surgery too -- see you Wednesday!
Lesley
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views