Got my time for Monday!

tammypa
on 8/22/08 4:26 am - Philadelphia, PA

Lesley,
Congrats on getting your time. I had the early time and I loved it - you get up, get there and you
will be upstairs in your room before you know it. Best of luck and welcome to the losers bench.
I know you have been doing great and lost a lot already. Tammy

levittown_loser
on 8/22/08 4:41 am - Levittown, PA
Woohoo Lesley!  That is an early day since your coming from NJ ... but hey it's worth it to begin the transformation to the new and healthy you!  

I'll be thinking of you on my way to work Monday!
Cheers.

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

ktreavis
on 8/22/08 5:56 am - PA
I am soooo excited for you. I will try to come and see you, but I can't make any promises, my hubby is having back surgery on Tuesday and I am unable to take any time off of work. So if I don't see you, please know I am thinking of you often. You will do wonderfully. Welcome to your new life.

Katie

Progress not perfection

jovigirl
on 8/22/08 6:13 am - washington, NJ
Lesley,that's the time I had too it was great.You can't sleepanyhowso earlier is good plus you know they'll be on time & the staff will be bright eyed & bushy tailed.Best of luck

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 6:38 am - Easton, PA
Lesley,

Glad you got the early time!  I had soooo wanted that time when I was being scheduled - but I got 10am for surgery at 11:30.  blech!!  That morning was sooooo long!

anyway - stuff to bring:

Flip flops/sandals/slippers with nonskid soles for walking and easy to slip on
Mouth wash*
Toothbrush*
Soap/Shampoo/Conditioner*
(They will give you that stuff in a little "goody bag" but I preferred my own)
CHAPSTICK - your mouth/lips get dry in the hospital setting
iPod/headphones w/ cassette or something, but I love my music.  I had trouble concentrating in the hospital on things like magazines and books (although I had brought them) and my music was good enough for me
Loose fitting pajamas - they will let you shower day after surgery if you had lap procedure and will also let you wear your own clothes
I bring my own pillow with me wherever I go cause I'm like a little kid
Bring some feminine pads...again...they have them there if you need them....but the stress of surgery and the blood thinners they give you can change your cycle....
Loose fitting clothes for the ride home (I wore my pajamas home, actually)
Socks/undies and stuff like that - probably won't need a bra and won't want to wear one depending on where the incision is placed

Good luck!!  You'll probably be in your room nice and early and walking by lunch time or shortly there after!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 8:14 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks Pam, this is a great list!  I'm glad to know I'll be able to wear my own clothes on Tuesday.  I had a question about the first day -- do I need a robe or something?  Or is the hospital gown enough?

Thanks again!
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 11:58 am - Easton, PA
Lesley,

That really depends on you. At my time of surgery I was hot CONSTANTLY so I was fine in the hospital gown and then later in just my pajama pants and a short sleeved shirt.  Actually - I think I got changed into my own pajamas the same day as surgery - I didn't have to wait till after my shower.

However - I am cold ALL the time now....like really really cold all the time.  When I was at Barix in July due to my abdominal pain - well - lemme tell you - I had on soooo many blankets and my heavy socks AND my flannel pajamas and was freezing.  I happened to be in a private room with it's own heat control at that time - and I had that sucker cranked up.  So much so that I normally went out into the hallway for my iv changes and stuff because my poor nurse started to sweat bullets when she walked in to the room!

So - if you are cold often - bring something else.  if you are not cold - well then - don't worry about it.  They can also give you a second gown to put on "backwards" on top of the first one to act as a light weight gown.

You'll be on the bench before you know it!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 11:28 pm - Allegan, MI
Thanks again for the advice!  I just got a bump in my Synthroid dose, so I get hot a lot of the time now, so I may just bring a light robe.  Of course in the mornings before I take the Synthroid I'm usually freezing -- stupid thyroid!
Nicole0216
on 8/22/08 6:50 am - Lancaster, PA
That was my time as well. It was good for it to be early. No delays and you get in before you have a chance to be nervous. Good Luck and God Bless,
rita61677
on 8/22/08 8:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
leslie - congrats!!!!!!!!!!! i was also hoping for the 545 time slot but i got the 945. best of luck to you - you'll do fine just walk walk walk walk walk walk walk and you know what else walk some more!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views