Got my time for Monday!

Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 12:26 am - Allegan, MI
I got the call from Barix earlier this morning, and I have to be there at 5:45 AM Monday morning for a 7:30 surgery time.  I am actually very happy that I got this insanely early time.  I figure I won't be getting much sleep Sunday night anyway, I might as well go in early!  I just figured out that it's 67 hours away.  OMG!

It is really starting to hit me that my surgery is so close now.  I am very VERY excited, and I have a very happy feeling of "This is really happening!  Finally!!!!"

And now I have to figure out what to bring to the hospital with me.  If you have any suggestions, please, suggest away!

Lesley
Melanie B.
on 8/22/08 12:28 am - Doylestown, PA
woo hoo! i guess you are taking the plunge first! That means Keri is #3!

I have been shopping for hospital stuff, nighties, slippers etc.

kimmiep621
on 8/22/08 12:33 am
wohooo yay,  wtg on the early time

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

New_Beginnings_36
on 8/22/08 12:41 am - PA
Lesley--WooHoo!! Awesome! I know you wanted to be the first surgery :) I'm so excited for you....Your day is just about here.

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Lesley G.
on 8/22/08 12:43 am - Allegan, MI
Exactly!  I remember when you got your 5:45 time thinking what a great idea that was, and that's what I wanted too!  I think Jennifer (the nurse who called) was surprised that I was so excited to get 5:45!  LOL
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/22/08 1:06 am - PA
I know...I think I might have yelled with joy when she told me my time. She said she had never heard anyone so excited to be there so early in the morning and that most people sigh when they get that time. LOL I guess that just contributes to our uniqueness...Haha

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
GD_007
on 8/22/08 1:17 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Lesley,

Awesome news.  I'll most likely sing by to visit you and Mel on Tuesday afternoon.  We'll all do laps!!  Here is the same things I posted on her thread:

It took me till about 3pm on Tuesday until I felt "normal".  There were times on Monday and Tuesday that I was questioning my decision.  If you do - don't worry it's normal and you are doing the ight thing.  you WILL feel better over a short time.  I think part of "feeling normal" again is getting off the pain medication via the pump and start taking the pain medication via the liquid. 

Here are some of my thoughts - take'em or leave'em:
1) walk walk walk.  I did not feel like walking Tuesday morning but even a 1/2 lap is better than nothing.
2) when you're not walking do your breathing exercises on your own
3) if you're not doing your breathing exercises and not walking drink broth or have some jello.
  3b) have the beef broth mixed with vegtable broth - 1/2 and 1/2. 
4) the TV there SUCKS so I brought my MBA school work to do and actually got a case study done on Wednesday.  You might want to bring a good book or something.
5) get off the pain med pump as soon as possible and get to the liquid pain med.

Take the enema by ~5pm and plan to stay near a bathroom the rest of the night.

Later,
-GD
Laureen S.
on 8/22/08 3:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lesley,

I know how exciting this time is and I wish you all the best for your big transistion to the Loser's Bench!  You will do fine, it's been a long wait, but you're in the home stretch now!

Hugs and good wishes, Laureen

PS, Try to get some rest before Monday, cause you won't get any until you are back home on Wednesday ;)

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 8/22/08 3:33 am - Boothwyn, PA
All this wonderful news this afternoon - you, Melanie and Keri?! Wow!! Its great to see that you'll 'know' people when you're in the hospital, but the nurses are all so wonderful they become like friends. And it sounds like people are already lining up to visit!

Wish you all the best - you're going to do great!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Adiamondpearl
on 8/22/08 4:06 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views