A Weighty Question

DianeMarie
on 8/21/08 7:11 pm - Delmont, PA
Ok folks I need some input on this.  When I update my ticker I use the official weight I receive when I go to the Dr's or to one of my monthly classes.  My scale weighs me 1.5lbs heavier than the class scale.  When I weighed myself this morning it shows me at 234 which means if I got weighed in at class it would be 232.5 (which means I dropped 5.5lbs since August 4th!)  My question is this.  Do you all go by official weigh-in's when you update your ticker or do you do your personal scale too?

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
dit657
on 8/21/08 9:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I update by my personal scale since I only go to Barix every 3 months and they're very close - maybe 1/2 lb difference. And I also include the weight I lost BEFORE I had the surgery - every pound counts!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 8/21/08 10:36 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Diane,
I have not updated my weight in a while because of a stall, BUT, I do not own a personal scale I trust, so I update with a doctor' scale, either at my doctor, or the school nurse.  I trust them more than a home scale.

It is a matter of personal preference.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 8/21/08 11:03 pm - Easton, PA
Whatever you want Diane!!

I use my personal scale only because I only see my surgeon every 3 mos at this point, and that will stop in October.  And I don't go to my primary doctors office.  And, not for nothing, I like my scale better cause I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after going potty, with nothing to eat or drink in me and of course in my birthday suit!  lol.  I know that's a mental picture you all wanted!!

Do whatever you are more happy with!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
BlancheJackson
on 8/22/08 12:04 am - Butler, PA
I use my personal scale.. bad me..haven't been to the dr for a follow up in 2 years.. life just kind of caught me up, and I haven't found a dr up here yet. My previous surgeon is now 4-5 hrs from me!

But.. my scale is electronic.. one of the Best Loser ones..and it's pretty darned good.

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

joldaker
on 8/22/08 12:41 am - West Bradford, PA
I never go to Barix anymore so I use my home scale or my Wii Fit to get my numbers.

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Nicole0216
on 8/22/08 6:56 am - Lancaster, PA
I use my personal scale.
DianeMarie
on 8/23/08 12:27 am - Delmont, PA
I want to thank everyone for all their imput.  I used my personal scale and updated my ticker.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views