OT - Moving to pa?!

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/08 10:16 pm - Eastern, PA
I'll be glad to help you guys out. I spent a long time searchign for a place around here.

You can't go wrong with Emmaus!
karmie001
on 8/22/08 12:42 am - Feasterville, PA
Hi Pam,

I haven't been really on the boards too much lately as I've been going through a big move myself from a house to an apartment.  Just wanted to let you know that I just rented a 2 bedroom apt in Feasterville, Bucks County, PA and its $1235 per month and it includes your water, sewer and heat.  It also comes with a garage and basement for storage and washer/dryer hookups.  It has a pool and playground and you are allowed to have pets.  Its really nice and you have your own private entrance and a fireplace.  Just wanted to let you know.  Hope it helps.
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 2:18 am - Easton, PA
Thanks for the info - I appreciate it!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
sbrunell
on 8/22/08 12:59 am - Bensalem, PA
Pam,
As a Republican Candidate, I urged my voters not to vote for Corslime.  Oh well. I still call in to NJ 101.5 and laugh about it.

Anyway, have you looked into this company called Barix? My two favorite nurses at Barix were patients, too.  I think it's the best thing they could find.

I should let you know that when you cross the river, they cannot make a pizza. WE shouldn't be
eating it anyway, but I thought you ought to know. Also the bagels suck.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 2:17 am - Easton, PA
I hear ya steve!  I remember our conversation at the barix meeting as well!

Working at Barix did cross my mind as well and I may still look into it.  The only thing is....I'm an ER nurse at heart - and have done "floor" work before - and in all honesty - love the drama in the er.  Granted - you have potential drama at Barix as well - but - it's just not the same as never knowing what's coming next.  I believe LVH does 12 hour shifts, three days a week - so commuting to barix once or twice for some perdiem work might not be a bad idea.

The pizza and bagels - oh I know so well.  Not that I have them often here - but we have relatives out in pa and lemme tell you - we always bring them bagels!!  lol

Thanks!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Mary Benford
on 8/22/08 1:57 am - Emmaus, PA
Emmaus!!!!  We're only about 5-10 minutes from Lehigh Valley Hospital...   and allentown general is pretty close.  The surrounding areas are pretty nice as well.   St. Luke's isn't very far!  

If you need help, let us know Pam..  we'd certainly love to help.   Even if you guys wanna come check the area out, know you have  place to crash!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 2:21 am - Easton, PA
I sent your other half a PM this morning as well - and thanks for the offer for having a place to crash if/when we come up to check out the area.  I'll also look into allentown general and St. Luke's hospitals, too.

I appreciate your offers - they mean a lot.  I will be in touch when we are doing some more research.  My work schedule the next two weeks is absolutely ridiculous and I'm all over the place - so I need to wait until that settles down before we will have time to get out there.

I gave Norm my cell and home numbers - feel free to use them if you have any other thoughts or what not or just wanna say hi!

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/08 2:23 am - Eastern, PA
"The other half."

This is what I've been reduced to.

:)
Pam Hart
on 8/22/08 4:06 am - Easton, PA
Welcome to married life

jackie j
on 8/22/08 3:05 am - Glenmoore, PA
Hey Pam, not sure if your heart is set on LVH but I know the hospitals out where I live  in Chester County (Downingtown, where the 5k was) are expanding and looking for nurses, have a good work environment (according to 2 nurses in my neighborhood that work there) and pay well.  Also the housing out here near cow country is in line with what you are looking for.   All the latest shops etc. are out this way too but might be a 10 min. drive.  We have 2 hospitals with nursing schools (for the hubby) but here's the site of the one that's more state of the art.  They work with Cleveland Clinic on Heart, have the highest level neo-nate outside of CHOP and Fox Chase Partner for Breast Cancer.   Kicking around either medical coding/health admin or going for an LPN/RN for myself as a career change but I'm soon to be 44 and I don't know if starting nursing now would be too much.  I certainly don't want freaky, crazy hours; most of my nursing friends are raising kids so they do 3/12s F,S,S and are home with the kids m-th or do 2nd/3rd shifts; saves a bundle on daycare.  Good Luck on your search, whatever you do!

http://www.cchosp.com/

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views