feeling slim!

sbrunell
on 8/21/08 4:02 am - Bensalem, PA
Hello folks!
After last nite's Barix post op meeting, I got a few pairs of men's clothes.  It was really cool, since I am told there aren't many men's clothes offerings.  The best part was some of it was WAY too big....

But I am wearing a 44 inch pant, and I got a pair of 40 inch Old Navy jeans. They don't fit well enough to wear, but I did get them buttoned.  I think I can be in them in a few weeks, so that was a huge lift for me.

Just figured that I would share my excitement!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/08 4:45 am
Steve

Is it not great when things fit and you think they may not...Barix great that way and while the clothing for woman is much more in abundance to pass around the guys do come through.

I hope the Mrs. was able to find some stuff as well and as time goes on we all keep dropping to pass things on! 

Savior those exciting moments!
dit657
on 8/21/08 5:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
Always share those wow moments, no matter how little you think they may be, they all add up - and we don't hear enough from the men about theirs! Congrats on the pants - that's cool!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:44 am - Lancaster, PA
It is exciting to see the sizes go down, it is hard to believe sometimes.
GD_007
on 8/21/08 7:15 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Steve,

Saw you (and your wife??) across the room but never had a chance to run over and introduce myself.  Any of those clothes that are too big for you - please send my way :)

Congrats on the new size. 

I had my father mail me my formal Tuxedo from my grade 12 graduation.... that is one of my goals, to wear it again!!!  Maybe even to a post-op meeting - lol.

-GD
sbrunell
on 8/21/08 10:53 pm - Bensalem, PA
At the meeting, I thought I had seen you....the problem w/ all the avatars is they are out of date!
This pic was taken 1 yr before surgery....

Anyway, I think we need to have a guys meeting...there aren't many of us, and if the Lap-Banders can get together, I think we can too!

Plus it would be nice....to know people who are having a SuperBowl party.....who can't drink, and won't have a ton of food that we can't eat....
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

GD_007
on 8/22/08 12:56 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Not a bad idea.  Perhaps if not at the Barix location an off site that one of us can host. 

Let's mull that one over...

-GD
Pam Hart
on 8/21/08 10:03 am - Easton, PA
Steve,

You are right, mens clothes are hard to come by at the barix meetings - but what a great wow moment for you - and I bet you are right - you will be in them in no time and then in a few more weeks after that - they'll be falling off you again.

Congrats!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views