liquid diet love!!

tanya72100
on 8/21/08 3:57 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 I have to say.. Doing the trial run a couple weeks ago really prepared me for the liquid diet pre op. I am having no problems. The first day i did get a bit sick to my belly but the egg whites and cottage cheese are really a filler. I started monday and I have lost 7.5 lbs since then. Holy Cow!! Its really not that bad. now if i can get through this mentally i am hoping it puts me in a better place mentally afterwards. Yea liquid diet I love you!! ( or maybe ive become delierous and need help ASAP LOL).

dit657
on 8/21/08 5:04 am - Boothwyn, PA

I think we psych ourselves out more than we have to about the liquid diet, because I didn't think it was all that bad either, and hey, I lost 17 lbs in the 10 days I had to be on it, so it can't be all that bad, right?? Sounds like you're doing great with it and your surgery will go so much better for it.

So how are you doing? Won't be long now! You'll have several cases of the nerves between now and the actual date but that's totally normal, so just go with the flow and god help those around you! I was afraid I would really snap between nerves and the liquids but I actually did okay - I guess I just knew it was time for this and nothing else would work for me.

You're going to do just great - being prepared is key - make sure you know what your doctor requires following surgery (what to eat, drink, etc) and have some of it stocked in your house so you don't have to worry about getting out to get things once you're home from the hospital.

Kathy 

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tanya72100
on 8/21/08 6:09 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Im ok..getting passed each day.. Sometimes emotional.. Sometimes really quiet. LOL. Im a mess but its a good mess.

I am gonna pack my bag this weekend and try to get it all together. im debating on wearing jammies home. Probably easier plus i have an hour ride home from the hospital. 

Kids are staying with my bf and my parents for a week maybe alittle more. So im hoping all goes well. I feel prepared. Kinda :/

DianeMarie
on 8/21/08 5:18 am - Delmont, PA
A possitive attitude is the key to everything and it seem's like it's working for you.  I know I'm looking forward to the liquid diet for two reasons.  One because it means my surgery is only one step away.  Two is because of the weightloss.  I'm really hooked and excited on the weight coming off as it happens.  I think about that now when I'm choosing what to eat.  I love seeing the scale move down instead of up.

Congrats on the upcoming surgery and how great you are doing. 

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Melanie B.
on 8/21/08 5:20 am - Doylestown, PA
Tanya,

I'm also doing the liquids - i'm on day #6 and have lost 7lbs. It's been incredibly easy and I'm never really hungry. sometimes my tummy feels icky from all the liquid, but hey i'll take it.

If you do it right (proteins, proteins, proteins) you cant go wrong.

My head also feels incredibly clear now that I've detoxed from sugars.

Congrats on your success.

rita61677
on 8/21/08 6:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
i dont know if it depends on your dr. but at barix - eggs and cottage cheese are not in the full liquid phase after surgery. im on full liquids and i hate it - if i drink one more stinkin shake i may lose my mind. my husband just started purees and he is now able to have cottage cheese. i would think eggs come in in the soft foods phase. but not positive. when they say liquids they mean liquids, soups, protein shakes, popsicles, fudgesicles, pudding, jello. im glad that you're losing and feeling great- its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicole0216
on 8/21/08 6:45 am - Lancaster, PA
It could be delerium LOL. There is something very freeing about a liquid diet, you dont have to make many decisions and you kind of get to stop thinking about food. I liked my liquid diet post op because I did not have to think. When I did the pouch test again. I loved the liquid diet days because I did not have to think.
Shan08
on 8/21/08 7:09 am - the Skook, PA
Uh-oh, Tanya, I was just going to say the same thing about the egg whites & cottage cheese.
At Geisinger, these are not part of the pre-op liquid diet (nor the diet fr right after surgery).  But don't worry.  It's really no biggie.  Just switch over as u can, sonner the better.

Here's what my paper says:

A.  Drink 3 low sugar/high protein shakes per day, one at each meal.

B.  You can have 1-2 snacks per day:
            light yogurt (8 oz)
            sugar free pudding (4 oz)
            sugar free cocoa (1 packet with 6 oz milk)
            tomato soup made with skim milk (8 oz)
            skim or 1% milk

C.  Only designated fluids should be taken in addition to the shakes:
(((these are UNLIMITED))

- water
- crystal light
- decaffeinated diet soft drinks
- decaff. coffee or tea
- diet jello
- bouillion or broth (too much, however, can make u retain water)
- tomato or V-8 juice
- sugar free popsicles

D. Goal is to take at least 60-80+ pounces of fluid and 90 grams of protein per day...

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Pam Hart
on 8/21/08 10:06 am - Easton, PA
Glad you are doing well - these can be the hardest days.  Just remember - I don't know what your post op guidelines will be - but cottage cheese and egg whites are definately not full liquids.  pre op it shouldn't matter - but post op you could cause some damage.

Good luck, and keep up the great attitude, it will get you far!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 8/21/08 10:38 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 Ok, Just to clarify. I talked to my nut this morning. I asked her why she said i could have it. lol. She stated. I need to quit smoking and lose 5% body fat before surgery. I lost 10% + and also quit smoking. I also lost 10lbs as of this morning. So that was  5 days and 10lbs. When i told her my weight now she said that is why she told me it was ok for egg white and cottage cheese pre op. Now post op i am fully aware i cannot have that right away. Im going to do what they told me. Ive been having 1/4 cup of egg whites and 1/4 cottage cheese for dinner.

I was so worried last night about it i couldnt sleep!! I feel better now talking to them...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views